Jack Frost - 1-17 PASR Day

RidgeRacer

It's not going to be necessary to lock this thread.

I have no problem honoring requests ....

Just like I did when I avoided everyone at JF because you personally asked me not to physically confront Doug.

Just like when you asked to try to ignore the drama that other people start on here in the future.

The time off made me realize I've been arguing with children.

seriously man, you need to lighten up a little...

You take this shit WAAAY too seriously

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Missed the radar trap on pre-PASR day, so I decided to benchmark myself with my GPS Sportrak. Friday the conditions were very cold, but the slopes were not frozen. Everything was groomed cord, a little soft. It was windy over on Challenge and Tbolt with a crosswind, but Floyds was pretty protected. Put the GPS on my back to get better reception (11 satellites with a WEP satellite), max sampling (10 points on the Floyds headwall), GS11 171 freshly waxed skis, race boots, normal coat and helmet. Downloaded the tracks and all the points looked valid (except for where I dropped it off the lift above Rivershot).

I ran 35 to 40 on Challenge and Tbolt (standing up, carving long turns, no skidding), about 45 on Floyds and the lower headwall of Rivershot

Tucking the Solitude headwall and Floyds on the right side I hit 54. The Solitude head wall seemed a little slow. Tucking the right side of the Rivershot headwall (not the last one, but the first one above the Floyds intersection) and then staying in a tuck down Floyds (just a little pre-jump at the lip of Floyds) I hit 58. At the bottom I don't which was going faster, my skis or my heart rate. That's about as fast as I want to go on those skis. Don't think longer skis would have give me much more speed just a little more stability. Didn't have my skis completely flat, had just a little pressure on the inside edges. Had to really crank the edges to make the turn onto the runout at the bottom.

Slopes were completely empty when I was tucking, and the race kids were tucking Floyds today in the morning.

Were they making clear and deliberate turns? I hear that prevents accidents.

They were pretty much straight lining it. But it was their early morning warm up and the trail was completely empty when they came down. Only at JF have I skied a completely empty trail on a Saturday (of course by 9:00 it starts to crowd up a little, but if you get staggered between the groups it you can have the headwall to yourself until about 10:30 when the rentals start hitting east mountain and the pincushions start straight lining Rivershot).

Edited by C1er