Bear Creek Race Team.

TylerDurden

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll come down to Bear Creek and give them a lesson on Smartstyle..

WTF were they doing in the park? I will admit, once or twice i have been through BB and Cascade with friends.. but I stay so far off to the side that I am out of the way of everything. I don't use it as a shortcut though like some people

Thats not bad^, but I am talking mainly about the little kids that ride through it every time they go down the hill.

I dunno.. to me, you shouldn't be in there unless you are actually using the terrain.. or at least doing something useful.. say video/pictures or something.. but yeah, it seems like the subject of these kids comes up again and again ain't...

This thread is more about bringing awareness of the dumbness of the Bear Creek Race Team, and just letting everyone know and be aware of the presence and danger they bring to the park. It's intention is almost like an anti-drug campaign, but instead of that, anti-BCRT.

BCRT is soo sweet.. i have never seen people people roll lips, cut people off, and make massive turns on landings like they do!! They could win awards, the park just wouldn't be the same without them.

but seriously from what i have been told they are not aloud in the park when they are with instructors but as soon as they get lunch"free time" they just go up and shred the park without the instructors

maybe the race team leaders should be required to tell the racers of the dangers in the park and that they can go through but the need to follow smart style no rolling lips, cutting, having a conversation on the landing of a 35ft jump... stuff like that

What would alleviate much of this problem, if the the whole terrain park/parks was moved to the other side of the mountain, preferably Timberline. Due to it's wide slope and long trail it would provide superior conditions and since its not the first run that everyone sees, and it's hard to get to the top of it, it would keep many a non belongers out.

nastar and BCRT would have a shit fit if we took timberline

true that.

I think the best idea is that bear starts a park pass. For this you should have to pay 40 xtra bucks onto the rest of your season pass. and take a instructional video on saftey. if you are just coming for a day it should just be like an xtra 5 for a park pass 2.

this park pass could only be used on cascade and blackbear.

also land could possibly be cleared so there would only be 1 entrance to the terrain park... right now where there's a gnarly backtrail and they could use that and move some land around so it would cut into before blackbear... there could be a nice tree line built so that blackbear wouldnt be acsessable unless you had a park pass.

true that.

I think the best idea is that bear starts a park pass. For this you should have to pay 40 xtra bucks onto the rest of your season pass. and take a instructional video on saftey. if you are just coming for a day it should just be like an xtra 5 for a park pass 2.

also land could possibly be cleared so there would only be 1 entrance to the terrain park... right now where there's a gnarly backtrail and they could use that and move some land around so it would cut into before blackbear... there could be a nice tree line built so that blackbear wouldnt be acsessable unless you had a park pass.

THAAT would be sick.

true that.

Do you have somebody at the entrance checking for a park pass?....... I imagine that there would be quite a line to get into the park.