Hoping to go Monday..

bigdaddyk

I'm hoping to get to Elk this Monday.  It's about 1.5 hr drive for me.  From what I've heard, it should be worth the drive, am  I correct?

Be prepared for slow uncomfortable lifts.. The trails make up for it.. If you get there early take the first parking lot to your right and you will almost be able to ski to your car at the end of the day..

Thanks everybody for the input.  The only thing that will keep me back will be if we get a huge storm...then I will probably end up at frost or boulder, depending on the roads.

Yeah the roads are definitely not the best in heavy snow. I advise not driving there in a storm unless you have a 4 wheel drive. Otherwise definitely worth an hour and a half drive.

Thanks everybody for the input.  The only thing that will keep me back will be if we get a huge storm...then I will probably end up at frost or boulder, depending on the roads.

If the storm comes.. I would rather be at elk - cause no one else will be there..... Walk, crawl or hitch a ride on a plow - go man go!