SNO MOUNTAIN PARK

sjb269

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does sno have smaller jumps too? every mountain needs at least one decent jump to keep everyone happy

yes on the smaller park there is 2 cheeze wedges about 10 ft and 20 and also a approx 15 ft table top, big park has a 35 ft and a 50 soon to be pushed into a 45 n then a 55 to 60 after that

so why are people complaining?

Because Mainline is a zoo sometimes, while Spike can be a ghost town. The features on Mainline take a lot of abuse because of that fact.

Yet instead of building more features on Mainline to help disperse the over-crowding, (according to dronedalot) they're now using their very limited resources to build an even bigger jump on Spike.

I'm just checking to see if I can post on this computer at work

Guess I can, ahh I don't have time anyway... I just needed to say one thing really quick, if your important up there at sno you really need to give cary another chance, he made amense with me and he really doesen't deserve any serious reprocussions.

Because Mainline is a zoo sometimes, while Spike can be a ghost town. The features on Mainline take a lot of abuse because of that fact.

Yet instead of building more features on Mainline to help disperse the over-crowding, (according to dronedalot) they're now using their very limited resources to build an even bigger jump on Spike.

no there just useing the catdriver to push snow around to form another jump while everyone has been working on the small park when i was there yesterday i didnt see one park crew member on spike untill about 5 or 6 right before i left and the sun went down. they put new features in on the small park and plan on putting in many more.

ok so I have some more time, I'll explain, look at PASR as a sample audience, lets say between 1-3% of your customers know about the website, It can be a good tool to find out terrain conditions, some general updates, things like that, the incident that happened most likely will never be seen by your general customers, and i'm pretty sure nobody who read it said to them selves, "Wow, i'm never coming back," and half of them probably sided with cary, infact I still plan on buying another full season pass next year, as long as you continue on replacing the lights, i'm sure those white lights when put high up there will light up the mountain like its day out. and I am very happy with the progress they have been making, I know there very buisey over there.

I was very angry when I posted monday night, mostly after talking to those kids, having there opinion's agree with mine gave me the confidence to say what I did, that plus having to bail 3 times because of the ski blade kids...

I may have gone farther than I wanted to, just like cary, you see, leting out on this forum takes a lot off your chest and it feels really good to let people know how you feel, should he have said what he said, no. but he knows now.

I would love to give some ideas for the mainline park, just starting to ski gives me a good perspective of what would be good for a beginner, dronedalot you've been skiing for a real long time and you probably don't see things the same as kids just starting out, if you could try to make a list of the available features, is the 20ft picnic table still working? I think it would be sick on the first headwall of mainline because its so long that kids cant croud under it...

the problem with those cheese wedges is that the landing is uaually compleatly beat by 7:00 because it lands on a headwall thats not that steep, what about a table top right at the headwall and have the landing of the table continue and flow from the landing of the tabletop right into the headwall, so kids can hit it super slow, or super hard and still be good, might be easier to groom too

so some one give me a run down of spike especially jump line... not just size but how the jumps feel. Im thinking about coming in the next week or two and have seen some of the best jumps ive ever ridden on here, but have also been disapointed before, so how is it looking right now?

so some one give me a run down of spike especially jump line... not just size but how the jumps feel. Im thinking about coming in the next week or two and have seen some of the best jumps ive ever ridden on here, but have also been disapointed before, so how is it looking right now?

well i rode the jumps today on both parks for a long time, they were super fun today because if you fell it didnt hurt because it was so soft. i was actually wearing just basketball shorts instead of ski pants lol. but the first one on the big park was super hard to judge i kept over shooting for some reason and landing super low like almost flat, but the jump is super fun to throw small spins and even some flips if the conditions are right pretty decent pop and the landing is super smooth if u can hit the sweet spot.

the big jump was super fun today because of the soft landing, the lip is nice and wide so u can set up for ur spins and super poppy with out feeling like ur going to back flip or cork every time u hit it and the landing is pretty decent the only thing i would say is maybe make it a little longer..

i hit the small park a few times today and it was super fun with the new bonk and other features that were put in it. the table top is so hard to make the landing i dont know if its because im used to bombing into jumps but it seems like everytime i hit the thing i land about 10 ft past the landing on the flat lol but the jump is super fun nice lip that u can learn flips on and still spin off of with ease.

as for the 2 cheese wedges on the small park i only hit the bigger one like 2 or 3 times but it wasnt too bad it seemed like the lip didnt really have a good pop to it to day (probably because of the melting) but over all still fun

and yea clauss that table top idea seems pretty legit and sounds like it could be super fun if it was like a 20 25 ft table that was like maybe 20 or so feet wide so it would be like in between the small table already there and the bigger cheese wedges already on spike, a good jump to practice on and feel more comfortable on before taking on the larger ones.

it looks great now... but this weather man, wait for a review after the weekend, this weather were getting tonight through tomorrow's gonna do some damage to the park but i'm sure it'll be good by next weekend, Thursday night's gonna drop back into the 20's and every night next week will be in the teen's after tonight there is (Knock knock) no sign of a warm up.

I almost worked up the balls to hit the first jump on spike tonight but Idk what went wrong, I caught twice on the flat down went face first off it fucked up both knees took some viks good now but barely walk, should def use the DH because my edges are still sharp on the banana, I see there is a nasty dent in my edge but what ever!

I see a lot more kids hitting it now, still no takers on the 2nd jump but it really doesn't look that bad anymore and if I was riding with someone who was hitting it and I could match there speed I would hit it for sure, I'm just un able to judge how fast to take it at this point.

DJ was that you?

Guess i'm wrong, he had grey pants and a white helmet, diff coat than what you described but it was really warm out... I guess i'm just paranoid, the 2 kids were like stareing me down, they were in front of me I was on ski's, the kid in the grey pants stoped at the top of spike to set up for the 1st jump, his friends went down to spot the landing and he looked over at me and just took off and went to mainline, then they all stoped and watched me slide the flat box, just super weird thats all.

Guess i'm wrong, he had grey pants and a white helmet, diff coat than what you described but it was really warm out... I guess i'm just paranoid, the 2 kids were like stareing me down, they were in front of me I was on ski's, the kid in the grey pants stoped at the top of spike to set up for the 1st jump, his friends went down to spot the landing and he looked over at me and just took off and went to mainline, then they all stoped and watched me slide the flat box, just super weird thats all.

nahh that deff wasnt me, i had on red gym shorts and a orange hoodie, n brown helmet.

Yeah I didn't get up there until 5:30, but anyway, I had an idea today, It'll only work if we have a decent base which I know we don't have, either that or put it up on an island, take the wide flat T box thats still good, (If there is still one good one left because I think I remember the second one being cracked) and sink it down so its about 6-12" off the ground, like a butter box, now I know it would be tough because of how deep it would have to go, but I can just imagine coming at it from any side trying anything and having no consequences if you fuck up. I think this would be a blast no matter what your skill level was, at least from a snowboard's point of view. ohh don't they have that square flat section of the steps?

Edited by CLAUSS

WE ARE IN SCRANTON PA. We aren't going to get amazing skiers/snowboarders up in here.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry.. Couldn't help myself.

Here, let me clue everyone in on something, just in case this isn't known. It's because they drive extra distance to go to other parks.

The fastest progressing park kid, with an uncanny cat-like natural talent, that I have ever seen, lives 15 minutes from SNO, and..........

Im sure that true. But just so im correct, he doesnt live 45 minutes from Boulder. Boulder is probally 5 minutes farther than Sno.

hmmmmmm ok if you say so. Ive drove from boulder to his house and it sure as hell felt like 45 minutes and that Sno was just a little more up the road and around the corner.

ugh hey this is our biggest thread since the 22-ft pipe. if you want I can bring it back up so you can bicker there... like old times.

Come on now give him a break, you know papa just wants every mountain to do well and just wants to see Sno succeed in every way possible. :rofl

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT everyone on this forum, me squid, brian JLSKI, those 3 kids I talked to last night all have full fucking season passes, and its $550 ass.

it doesn't take an amazing skier/snowboarder to hit a 50' ...stop being a pussy and try to hit it, maybe u'll enjoy it