SNO MOUNTAIN PARK

sjb269

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rastasquid, mainline has 6 beginner rails and a small table top a small wedge jump and a medium wedge jump. All of those jumps are beginner jumps also. Im not trying to build rome Im trying to build a park.

Well mainline sounds dif. than last week when I was up then, and that setup sounds pretty decent. I'm goin up tomorrow night, so I guess I'll check it out then.

I can't believe I skipped over this thread because I couldn't agree more with some of the things Clauss and company said in this thread.

First, let me start off by saying I'm NOT a park rat. In fact, I suck at park. However.. this is not because I never wanted to learn.

I agree there is a need for more beginner stuff. I may be biased.. and only see what I want to see.. but I do notice that the most popular features set up at Sno tend to be the easiest stuff available.

Anyone with any sense would know that you cannot make that jump from the top of that roller.

Not sure what you mean here... does this mean you can't build step-downs that use the natural slope of the Spike headwalls as landings?

I never understood why Sno builds jumps like they do. The use ridiculously large snow mounds on the flat parts of the trail, throw in a lip, and flatten the top. They're the most intimidating things to hit (at least hit the right way). It'd be nice to see a hit where you didn't need a ton of speed just to make it up the top, let alone clear it properly.

This year the jumps definitely look much better, with the wedges they look like normal hits you'd see every where else.

I appologize for not meeting your needs but it is very hard to please everyone. I also appreciate your criticism and hopefully improve the park some more.

Understood. Hopefully once we get the pipes up and running, those along with the new jumbo hits you guys set up, you can focus on building a bigger newb area for us pussies! (haha, jk! :lol:)

It's cool you came here to post.. hearing from mountain reps is always good. I do think everyone will agree you're doing a great job.. especially considering your limited resources.

Not sure what you mean here... does this mean you can't build step-downs that use the natural slope of the Spike headwalls as landings?

I mean that judging the height of the roller before the jump line and the distance between it and the first jump, There is a slim chance to make the knuckle of that jump from starting on top of the roller. The roller is used to pump after hitting the rails before it so you can still make the jump to keep the flow of the park without bypassing a hit.

Also I'd like to add that myself and another cut about a foot and a half of the knuckle of the step up. It is def more friendly and you should not have to flat the landing to make it over. Im hopefully going to be able to get our cat operator to add about 10 feet to the second landing in the jump line so its not as bad to over shoot.

A "C" rail got added to the top of mainline but the top sheet was broke in 3 spots when i saw it this morning. It will be closed unfortunately until i fix it. Which will hopefully be tomorrow.

An up single barrel is now in at the bottom of spike and we set our bigger "A" frame rail today right next to it...Its not open yet but should be tomorrow. I'm going to try to get more features out everyday if possible.

alright, im not trying to sound like a dick or anything in this but. alot of people are bashing on the job that sno mtns park crew is doing. i have personally hit EVERY single feature that has been in all of the parks and everything seems to be in pretty awesome condition. the step up is so fun to just float 180s over and is now completely fixed and the semi urban D F D is so sick if u can grease the whole thing. the new up rail is one of my favorite features and is super fun to throw blind 2s out of. but any ways on to the subject of the parks and features. im not really sure what everyone is getting at here. to me it seems like the small park is perfect for people just starting. it has a variety of diff. boxes jibbs and jumps. you see you cant just throw out 56 flat boxes and say that is the beginner park. you need numerous diff. types of jumps jibbs and terrain in general to learn how to master riding. and this is the part where it is going to seem like im a dick but im sorry.. if you suck.. and you know you suck.. please stay the FUC& out of the big park. i ski sno mtn EVERY SINGLE DAY and i cant tell you how many times i have been hurt by beginners rolling over jumps standing on landings and much more. for example, saturday i was lapping the park as usual and having an awesome day, but it grew progressively annoying when i kept almost killing people that i couldnt even see because they were standing in the worst spots EVER for example in just one run i almost chopped a 30 year old mans head off and then land on his buddy. i came into the park hit the flat down and then stopped to wait for my friends to also hit it, i roll into the step up to hit it and all of a sudden as i am about to hit the lip a 30 to 40 year old man ripps by me and stops RIGHT on top of the landing, now im am trying to float a 180 with a 6 ft man in my way.. how does that work u might ask.. it dosent i had to abort my spin and try not to hit this man end up eating shit and i wasnt too up set w.e so then i tell my friend to tell me if the big jumps are clear, this man i almost killed and his friend or son or something are ahead of me on the trail so i wait. my friend goes down and tells me its clear to hit, i drop in hit the D F D and roll into the jumps hit the first one throw a 5 land it spin around and then throw a 7 off of the second... in the air im looking down trying to spot my landing and once again i see a man or kid in my way in a path for collision i some how finish my rotation and clear this man but eat shit because i went too deep into it and start freaking the fuck out like he saw his friend or w.e almost die and then he does the same thing. they are called LANDINGS for a reason because some people like to LAND on them.... not PEOPLE lol so for you beginners please take this as a lesson to NOT stand in landings and another thing dont hit the lips for rails and boxes like jumps and go off to the side of them instead. i am not bashing on anyone but just know your limits and you will progress much more ride with people that are better then u and have them teach u stuff it works trust me. another thing is those jumps are not to big or anything they can actually be bigger they are super fun and i and all of my friends love them. just stick to the smaller stuff for now and one day u will be hitting them and having a blast too and will understand why they are there and why they are so big. and for u skiiers out there check out NEWSCHOOLERS.COM its a pretty legit sight for free sking and u can learn alot on it

alright, im not trying to sound like a dick or anything in this but. alot of people are bashing on the job that sno mtns park crew is doing. i have personally hit EVERY single feature that has been in all of the parks and everything seems to be in pretty awesome condition. the step up is so fun to just float 180s over and is now completely fixed and the semi urban D F D is so sick if u can grease the whole thing. the new up rail is one of my favorite features and is super fun to throw blind 2s out of. but any ways on to the subject of the parks and features. im not really sure what everyone is getting at here. to me it seems like the small park is perfect for people just starting. it has a variety of diff. boxes jibbs and jumps. you see you cant just throw out 56 flat boxes and say that is the beginner park. you need numerous diff. types of jumps jibbs and terrain in general to learn how to master riding. and this is the part where it is going to seem like im a dick but im sorry.. if you suck.. and you know you suck.. please stay the FUC& out of the big park. i ski sno mtn EVERY SINGLE DAY and i cant tell you how many times i have been hurt by beginners rolling over jumps standing on landings and much more. for example, saturday i was lapping the park as usual and having an awesome day, but it grew progressively annoying when i kept almost killing people that i couldnt even see because they were standing in the worst spots EVER for example in just one run i almost chopped a 30 year old mans head off and then land on his buddy. i came into the park hit the flat down and then stopped to wait for my friends to also hit it, i roll into the step up to hit it and all of a sudden as i am about to hit the lip a 30 to 40 year old man ripps by me and stops RIGHT on top of the landing, now im am trying to float a 180 with a 6 ft man in my way.. how does that work u might ask.. it dosent i had to abort my spin and try not to hit this man end up eating shit and i wasnt too up set w.e so then i tell my friend to tell me if the big jumps are clear, this man i almost killed and his friend or son or something are ahead of me on the trail so i wait. my friend goes down and tells me its clear to hit, i drop in hit the D F D and roll into the jumps hit the first one throw a 5 land it spin around and then throw a 7 off of the second... in the air im looking down trying to spot my landing and once again i see a man or kid in my way in a path for collision i some how finish my rotation and clear this man but eat shit because i went too deep into it and start freaking the fuck out like he saw his friend or w.e almost die and then he does the same thing. they are called LANDINGS for a reason because some people like to LAND on them.... not PEOPLE lol so for you beginners please take this as a lesson to NOT stand in landings and another thing dont hit the lips for rails and boxes like jumps and go off to the side of them instead. i am not bashing on anyone but just know your limits and you will progress much more ride with people that are better then u and have them teach u stuff it works trust me. another thing is those jumps are not to big or anything they can actually be bigger they are super fun and i and all of my friends love them. just stick to the smaller stuff for now and one day u will be hitting them and having a blast too and will understand why they are there and why they are so big. and for u skiiers out there check out NEWSCHOOLERS.COM its a pretty legit sight for free sking and u can learn alot on it

haha, claim much?

I'm pretty sure everyone here is smart enough to obey the park rules, at least I hope. maybe when they have time they can put the whole smart style signs up again and funnel people onto spike so they have to read it. Last time I saw it it was completely destroyed laying in the woods.

Mainline has some easier stuff now that makes it a bit more fun to learn (i know it's been that way a day or two but i'm just getting around to talking about it). It would still be nice to have a ride on longer flat box set low to the ground like the short flat box though.

Mainline has some easier stuff now that makes it a bit more fun to learn (i know it's been that way a day or two but i'm just getting around to talking about it). It would still be nice to have a ride on longer flat box set low to the ground like the short flat box though.

yea sean maybe the oldddd montage flat box? its pretty wide n should work..

haha, claim much?

haha yea claim.. i love that movie.

I noticed the lights on whistler too but the only problem is those lights are so directional that there are areas of total darkness then areas of bright white light, I hate to complain about the lights because they fixed mainline but...

That urban double is really nice, great set up. Its really tough to get speed for the podium, and the first flat down but great for skiers, I thought I had speed for sure to hit the first jump on spike but wound up bouncing off the knuckle both times I tried it, probably because I slid off the podium, thought I had speed and should have started from the top. I really liked the large a-frame too at the bottom.

He must have been really serious because he used caps lock the whole time.

All the sno is there for the 13' pipe, it just looks like they are taking their damn time to build and shape the thing! Hopefully its up by midweek, but i doubt it! It looks like theres enough snow there to make a 15-16' pipe, hopefully they add a few feet and make it a little bigger!

PS... if anyone at sno reads this post, make the two jumps at the bottom with bigger lips and longer landings! Also, the first jump at the top, which i complained about last week is alot better! I was actually able to do a couple rodeos and hit the landing without overshooting! So thanks for listening to our input!

All the sno is there for the 13' pipe, it just looks like they are taking their damn time to build and shape the thing! Hopefully its up by midweek, but i doubt it! It looks like theres enough snow there to make a 15-16' pipe, hopefully they add a few feet and make it a little bigger!

PS... if anyone at sno reads this post, make the two jumps at the bottom with bigger lips and longer landings! Also, the first jump at the top, which i complained about last week is alot better! I was actually able to do a couple rodeos and hit the landing without overshooting! So thanks for listening to our input!

So heres the deal, i believe they are shooting to have the pipe done this week some where in between wed. and sat. i dont think that the pipe will be any larger then 13' because they only have a 13' and 22' pipe cutter/zogg.

If you are planning on going up to sno tomorrow the large park will probably be closed for most of the day or some of the features blocked off due to i and some of the people on park crew giving it a little bit of a face lift. I my self am not employed by the mountain but have taken a lot of the criticism and ideas and told many of the people on the park crew what is liked and dis liked. were all trying for a even better park hopefully some time next week or so w. the last 2 jump landings being pushed out 5 to 10 feet each and a complete hand shaped lip. also some sort of a 3rd jump should be under construction.

So heres the deal, i believe they are shooting to have the pipe done this week some where in between wed. and sat. i dont think that the pipe will be any larger then 13' because they only have a 13' and 22' pipe cutter/zogg.

If you are planning on going up to sno tomorrow the large park will probably be closed for most of the day or some of the features blocked off due to i and some of the people on park crew giving it a little bit of a face lift. I my self am not employed by the mountain but have taken a lot of the criticism and ideas and told many of the people on the park crew what is liked and dis liked. were all trying for a even better park hopefully some time next week or so w. the last 2 jump landings being pushed out 5 to 10 feet each and a complete hand shaped lip. also some sort of a 3rd jump should be under construction.

Sounds like it should be worth the wait!! Lets see what goes down!

Ok so today at sno we rebuilt some jumps. The "step up" jump is 100% different. Its more of a straight jump now with still a tad of a step up. Its longer with a taller lip. Id say its close to 30' The conditions were slow so you really had to come in hot at it to make it but that happens. With the exception of having a short landing because of being built on a flat grade its still a really good jump! Now for the "jump line" Well its no longer a jump line but only for about a week. We squashed the second jump so it could be moved farther to the bottom which will give alot more time to set up for it...now to the actual jump. The lip stands at about 10' tall with a really nice transition not too poppy to send you back seat but enough to throw you high. Its currently sitting about 40 to 45' to the knuckle. This jump is sick! The landing is alot bigger and longer than it was, you can def take this jump 50 to 60' deep and still have landing left. Hope everyone enjoys and gives some feedback. Ill keep everyone posted with the construction of the second hit.

Ill also get exact measurements on the sizes of the jumps. I'm sure im a little off.

-sno park

now to the actual jump. The lip stands at about 10' tall with a really nice transition not too poppy to send you back seat but enough to throw you high. Its currently sitting about 40 to 45' to the knuckle. This jump is sick! The landing is alot bigger and longer than it was, you can def take this jump 50 to 60' deep and still have landing left. Hope everyone enjoys and gives some feedback. Ill keep everyone posted with the construction of the second hit.

Ill also get exact measurements on the sizes of the jumps. I'm sure im a little off.

-sno park

YAY :) go seannn! haha cant wait to hit that bitch tomorrow. after u left today it just got so slow w. all the new snow and stuff, but hopefully hittable tomorrow! i and joseph shall be there some time around 10 or 11 but i dont think your working. ps. even if u dont hit this jump it just looks so sexy. lol