SNO MOUNTAIN PARK

sjb269

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo... when is the park going to start progressing? I've been up almost every night for the last 2 weeks and so far I've barely seen anyone hit your jumps on spike, tonight for example, I lapped the park for 4 hours and saw 1 guy attempt the second jump on spike, he had to bomb it from the top of the trail to get speed, and just aired it. don't know if he made it, same with the first jump.

I grabbed 3 kids walking past me in the lot, when I was leaving, I asked them how they thought the park was, there first response was "Its okay" then I asked a little more, they responded with "why are the jumps so big? there too big for everyone to hit, maybe 8 people who ride sno regularly can even work up the balls to hit them," "there is nothing for kids to ride to practice, its either extremely small or deadly large." now these kids are ages 17-19 park kids, skiers, I've seen them last year and the year before, there pretty good, coming from them means more than my opinion and they said the general consensus is that the park is lacking a lot compared to last year, they then went on with how the park was set up last year and how they loved all the different features,

The one kid said he put his ski through the box when it was set up triple up, they said that was a horrible idea, they said they were the most fun when it was just 3 in a row. also, the third jump on spike (still under construction is absolutely stupid because it takes up the whole trail. the one kid also said he asked nick to groom a feature and nick's answer was "no dude I already did it tonight" and the fucking gapers are so BAD! I hit the pipe tonight and 2 kids on ski blades came up while i was coming down from the wall and I almost plowed into them, I had to bail to miss him. Two kids were standing on both sides of the lip for the double barrel, I screamed at them and ran over the one kids board to prove a point. a whole group of kids were sitting right under the flat rail at the top of mainline and I had to bail to miss them. SO PISSED!!! I was furious for the rest of the night, thank god I had a 40 min ride home to cool off, this happened 3 more times tonight!

dude, you park guys just sit inside the shop and watch TV all night, I know because I did it last year too, I don't give a fuck about burning bridges at this point because you guys are doing a shitty fucking job, Its obvious the park sucks because I never see the park crew hit features either, hey Carey, I thought you said only workers this year? your probably really only there during the day during the week but why don't you come on a week night and see what features are being hit, the single barrel battle ship never gets used. The least you guys can do is have a presence in the park and tell kids when they're doing something wrong, I see the crew once a night tops, and since your too damn lazy to put up signs the gapers don't even know they're doing anything wrong!

Features keep disappearing on mainline, that bonk was my favorite feature and it was just taken away, 2 or 3 weeks ago, the up box to bonk has been closed all week and they took away the table sideways in the ground, what happened to progression? what happened to the 20ft picnic table? The X box? the C bowl? wall ride? whale tale? battle ship box? there are 4 single rails and only one out, there are so many small features that would mean so much to everyone if they were out,

I'm sorry sean, this is not boulder and you don't have kids like that here, I know you want to bring them hear but why, they already have boulder and I don't think your ever going to compare to that, so just give up on your progressive bull shit and just try to please your customers, no your too good to put a picnic table in the ground the normal way, yeah the people you talk to say last years shit sucked but the people who ride sno every night would rather have that than what is there now, ohh yea and i'm pretty sure that plastic isn't suppose to sit outside in the sun all summer... maybe thats why there all cracking.

I'd say that was a pretty good bitch fit...

im sorry to say this but ... SHUT THE FUC& up you sound like the biggest pu$$y ever. i have ridden montage for 16 years now and i know mostly every single park rider up there. everyone is OBSESSED with how the park is turning out this year and none of them are afraid to hit any of the features. stay in your little park and dont worry whats going on in the big park. ever here the saying " if you cant hang with the big dogs stay on the porch?" stop being a bitch and hit the AMAZINGLY fun features in both the parks or stop bitching its that easy. were u there for the competition on saturday? there was 12 year olds hitting that " huge jump " i guess that just goes to show how big of a bitch u must be in the park. why dont u just cruze main line and easy street for now.

Fuck you, I never see anyone on spike at night, its a fucking ghost town, so why don't I see you killing those big jumps?

I don't know who you are but your defiantly not there every night, I don't give a fuck what you say, anyone go up there on any given week night and watch those big jumps, ask the kids who are actually there on a daily basis and ask them how the features are, maybe you come on the weekend, or during the day and hit that shit but I'm there every day and i don't see anyone touching those jumps.

So what's your name?

come on don't be a pussy tell everyone who you are...

Edited by CLAUSS

Fuck you, I never see anyone on spike at night, its a fucking ghost town, so why don't I see you killing those big jumps?

I don't know who you are but your defiantly not there every night, I don't give a fuck what you say, anyone go up there on any given week night and watch those big jumps, ask the kids who are actually there on a daily basis and ask them how the features are, maybe you come on the weekend, or during the day and hit that shit but I'm there every day and i don't see anyone touching those jumps.

So what's your name?

come on don't be a pussy tell everyone who you are...

maybe one reason u dont see people hitting a 50ft jump at night at montage would be because as soon as the sun goes down that landing is completely ice.. humm yea. second i ski sno EVERY SINGLE DAY during the DAY because night skiing is just gay as hell flat light cant see lips and landings. and third my name is Daniel Joseph Edward Lillis people call me D.J. i ride public enemys i wear grey pants with a combination of a orange, lime green, or purple hoodie if its really cold some times ill throw on a brown coat. i have white oakley crowbars with a yellow iridium lens and a brown smith helmet with blue hands on the side spelling out smith. are you going to be there tomorrow? ill probably be there till about 5 so u can watch i suppose? oh and yes. i am very scared of u now.

I don't know man from what I heard from those 3 kids a lot of kids were coming up short on that jump and getting killed, sounds like your full of shit to me, maybe you should like tell me who you are and stop flaming like a punk douche bag.

sorry, you must have been running your mouth while i was responding to u. umm yea im pretty sure i was hitting it and clearing it with ease on saturday and sunday.. actually over shot it a few times. but im sick of "internet" fighting just shut the fuck up and admit ur just jealous of kids that can actually hit the big features. if you want to talk more shit you can approach me in person i am not going to be afraid of you or to talk to u. if you want we can continue this via a cell phone conversation maybe? haha. wow

hey we have the same goggles, I'll have to come and see how it's done, I cant wait to see someone actually do something on those jumps.

sorry but I work during the day and I can only ride at night, but I can be there by 4:30

I'll have a brown coat with green pants on, yellow/green banana or white palmer p01's (ski's) if i'm skiing don't expect much because i've only been skiing for a month so...

uhh yea dude i'll admit I wish I could ski like that, thats why I started skiing last month, because it looks fucking sick, I'm trying but i'm not gonna kill myself over something stupid as that. I Ski/board because its fun not to try to win anything.

Edited by CLAUSS

Yea dj I've seen you and your pretty good but why you gotta be such a jerk dave was quoting those kids about the jumps and the mainline has been seriously neglected laitly, there's no reason for personal stacks to paying cusomers because they have the rite to complain when they think things are bad that's how things get fixed, at night when me and my friends can ride because school not because were gay

-In response to clauss...The jumps are not too big. maybe too big for some but not too big for all. I watched a 11 year old boy on skis clear that jump saturday. These jumps are very easy to make.

-The small park has been somewhat neglected but only because of having to build another park on spike.

-Our park crew is not big, therefore we cant always up date everyday.

-Alot of our rails are not in good running condition and this is the reason for some not being put out.

-The picinic table was just pulled out last night to be reset as a NORMAl picinc table.

-The small park has all the beginner features we have to offer.

-As of ppl complaing about the park crew not doing any work i totally disagree. I think maintance wise we have some of the best. Our landings are rarely ass cracked and the same for our lips. Ive ridden alot of places around that have nice features with piss poor maintance. Not everyone is going to be pleased with we have but alot of others love it. Did you not forget that its been 45 degrees outside the last 2 days? Its tough to keep everything running well in this kind of weather.

-Also just for your information and not like it is any of your business but this year is not last year when everyone just sat around did abs nothing.If were not out in the park theres a good chance were fixing one of our rails or maybe helping out another dept. Or maybe taking a break. We deserve those every now and then.

-For anyone who says the parks in previous years was better than what we have now... well they are out of their minds because right now last year there was piles of snow for a 22ft pipe, a couple turtle back lousy table tops and a few rails stuck in places where there was no flow at all. The park was closed half of the time and mainline was a disaster.

-Dave im not trying to call you out in any way but your bitching about something you dont really do. Your not a park rider and your bitching about stuff you don't know anything about. yeah you were on park crew last year because beaker needed guys to work not because you actually have any skill in building anything park wise or coming up with your own designs, hell i read in a post a long time ago that you admitted to copying off of how others ride..you don;t even have your own riding style. your a POSER!...BUT you did work hard which i respect alot but you also had a chance to set rails in and you set them more crooked than ive ever seen in my life.

Oh another thing on the jumps...if they were "true" table tops no one would say a thing but because they are "real" jumps that you actually have to make the landing you bitch. These style of jumps are not only better but save a bunch of money in snow making rather than blowing out big true table tops.

I don't know if you rode here when it was montage but THERE WAS NO PARK! If this was not sno right now you would be riding shitty fall line rails and boxes shitty jumps all on 1 trail. There would probably be no new lights there would be no new trails and the snowmaking would not be nearly as good. I think anyone who really bitches should take a look back 3 years ago and realize how far this place has come and that were actually pretty lucky.

As far as you trying to call out DJ.. well hes in our park like every day and yeah he was throwing some big sevs saturday on our 50...also maybe you should pole all the kids saturday that were tearing these jumps apart..or ask john skalansy what he thinks who threw a double back off that 50 saturday.

This is not dave clauss park therefore everything is not going to be set up just how YOU want it. Ride the stuff that you like and the things you dont well maybe muster up some courage and try them. Im sure if you were more capable of riding the features you would not be bitching at all.

BTW Where is there a battleship box because i would love to ride it.

All in all Im not here to argue or fight..Im just here to answer questions and give updates about the park. But i will defend our park when i think it needs be. Im not scared of criticism and i actually appreciate it.

ps stop saying im trying to make this place boulder. You have never even been to boulder because if you did you would actually see these parks are nothing at all like theirs...They have 5 parks. We have 2 as beginner and an advanced. thats it.

I just wanted to add my 2cents....I'm going to have to back up Clauss, and JLK on the fact that NOBODY hits those jumps at night, and I was up there most of the day on sunday and saw 1 person hit one. I understand the "if you build it they will come" idea, but It seems unnecessary for a bunch of big jumps nobody is hitting while the mainline park is getting ripped apart and neglected...

this is not a if you build it they will come thing...these are jumps. Mainline has been getting neglected because of another park being built and and half pipe being built by 1 cat operator. we can only do so much. As soon as the weather gets cold enough to move snow around mainline will be rebuilt.

Claus, Rasta, and the kid from Dunmore you guys have to realize one thing. Park skiing at night isnt the safest thing in the world. I wont ski park at night, and know many people who wont. Im sorry but try spinning a 50ft gap, and then land on a dark landing because the landing isnt lit properly. It isnt fun at all. I understand some of you may work or have class during the day, and can only go up at night. Im sure those park features are being used during the day and until 5.

Claus, I will agree with you about the single barrell battleship. Thats not a good feature and should be taken out. Instead that location would be perfect for the s box.

Listen guys, DJ, Cary, this is to you, I was up sunday from 9:30 to 4:30, saturday from 4:30 to 7:30 friday from 4:30 to 8:30 Thursday, tuesday, monday, sunday, saturday, thursday, I can go on.... In all these days I've been there I only saw two people hit the second jump on spike, now you can call me a pussy, I deserve it, but I swear to god I, and everybody I ride with thinks those jumps are a big waste, I mean its your park Cary, your right its not the dave clauss park, your 100% right, I did a shitty job setting rails with seth, probably because I had no idea what I was doing, I have no problem admitting it, I'm not trying to be sarcastic btw.

You say you appreciate criticism but pretty much everything I said for the first few paragraphs were quotes, from those kids, the thing about nick, thats what they said, not me... I just put it out there hoping you would get on there asses.

If I knew that was DJ I wouldn't have called him out, he called me names I called him names, whatever, He's a legit skier, not some punk 14 yo kid, that was my first impression from the whole 40 line caps lock no spaces btw paragraph he posted a couple pages back...

As for being a park rider, why don't you define what being a park rider means, Just because I can't work up the balls to hit big jumps at night? that mean's i'm not a park rider? I can 50/50 urban single barrel rails, does this qualify? board slide urban down boxes, (If you don't believe me watch my shitty video on youtube.) the only feature I won't hit (Thats set) is the dfd and the single barrel battle ship because I can't make it past the flat and I have never seen a rider even try the battle ship. I thought we had an up-flat-down, I guess I'm wrong by Cary's response, my bad...

As for watching other people to learn how to do things? I'm pretty sure I didn't say copy there style, poser? Cary, you tell'n me you've never watched someone's speed or technique for a guideline? You've never watched a snowboard vid and said, I want to try that? Yeah, sorry, I try to ride with kids that are better than me, try to do what they do, how else do you learn man? I feel much more confident when I see how someone else does things, I'm usually by my self in the park. so... You want to rip on me because my skills? sorry dude but I don't think i'm doing too bad for only riding park since the end of Sno's first season which is pretty much 2 years. I couldn't afford to go anywhere else last year and I have no friends at home who ride park, or have money, so i'm pretty much by my self out there, I would love to go to boulder... I love the park and its fun as hell...

"-Dave im not trying to call you out in any way but your bitching about something you dont really do. Your not a park rider and your bitching about stuff you don't know anything about. yeah you were on park crew last year because beaker needed guys to work not because you actually have any skill in building anything park wise or coming up with your own designs, hell i read in a post a long time ago that you admitted to copying off of how others ride..you don;t even have your own riding style. your a POSER!...BUT you did work hard which i respect alot but you also had a chance to set rails in and you set them more crooked than ive ever seen in my life.

Oh another thing on the jumps...if they were "true" table tops no one would say a thing but because they are "real" jumps that you actually have to make the landing you bitch. These style of jumps are not only better but save a bunch of money in snow making rather than blowing out big true table tops."

Okay so how is that not calling me out, first you say i'm bitching about something I don't really do, but I do, almost every night. Your right, I have never had the chance to plan out a park, you attack me personally by calling me a POSER!, bringing up my attempt to set a rail which failed, and then you say you respected my hard work? the next paragraph you say "you actually have to make the landing you bitch."

So... your having a hard time fixing your features? hmm too bad you didn't hire back the hard working guy with 4 years carpentry experience, a welding cert, and a degree in precession machining...

I have had it with this bullshit, your a Manager, REAL professional dude. I really can't believe you can get away with talking like that on here!

Edited by CLAUSS

ok first of all everyone has to realize...WE ARE IN SCRANTON PA. We aren't going to get amazing skiers/snowboarders up in here. The 50' should deff be there. I can name about 10 people that i ski with that hit it including me. True, night skiing is a bitch cuz sometimes u can't see anything and the landings are icy as hell...theres no stopping that. I know my friends and I would be pretty upset if the 50' was taken down...and the only reason why it would be is because pussies like the people in this thread are to scared to hit it so instead they complain about it. cary knows what hes doing..hes in charge of the fucking park so all of you need to hop off his dick.

Heh, I really don't want to pile on you HSC, but what I think they're trying to say is.. if there's a 10 to 1 ratio of Mainline riders to Spike riders, shouldn't Mainline be top priority?

and...the people who hit spike's park are the season pass holders...all the other kids who hit mainline come every friday with their $20 ticket..If i was cary i'd probably fix up the park where the kids who hold the $500 passes hit then fix the park where the kids with the $20 passes hit...thats just me...

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT everyone on this forum, me squid, brian JLSKI, those 3 kids I talked to last night all have full fucking season passes, and its $550 ass.

your right this is scranton pa! and only 10 kids use those fucking jumps, so why don't you cader to the 100 kids that can't use the jumps!

actually its more like 300 kids who cant

We aren't going to get amazing skiers/snowboarders up in here. The 50' should deff be there. I can name about 10 people that i ski with that hit it including me
Edited by CLAUSS

I wish I didnt re injure my shoulder in a fight, or I would have been up there today. Ill probally be up in two weeks, and I doubt the 50' will still be 50' because of snow melt. But, i am willing to bet it wont be to big or intimidating if it still is a 50'. Id also be willing to bet give me one run to speed check, one run to straight air it, and then my third run Ill throw at least a 540 on it. Thats coming from somebody who has skied once in this past year, and 8 times the past two years.

Dave calm down man pretty much everyone is behind u expect for like 2 people, and cheech is just plain backwards, it's the guys that come once a week from other mountains, there the ones who don't have season passes,there the ones that can handle the jumps.almost everyone I ski with has a pass and we stay on mainline because we have a lot more fun hikeing a flat box, cheach can go ride holdens dick because if the park manager said that to me my dad would probably call the mountain or the news 16 wach and try to get him fired.

Edited by JLSkiSteezed

I understand that hitting the big jumps is shitty at night, but honestly how many people are up there all day riding them compared to at night riding the other park. I'm not trying to bust on the crew about building big jumps, In fact its great that you guys are trying to make the parks better, and more challenging for everyone. It just seems that with a small crew (from what I understand) it is hard to get everything done, but prioritizing should be important, and like Brian said it seems to me and my friends that the park getting the heavier traffic should be number uno.

On a separate note, Holden, I must mention how unprofessional it is of you to come on here representing Sno, calling people posers and bitches, saying they don't know how to ride. I know people at the mountain read this forum and I don't know how you get away with that crap. I can understand if you know Dave and don't like him or whatever, that is personal business, but to type shit like that on a public forum takes some big nuts. I'm not trying to start another fight here...I'm just sayin. I have only said a few things about the park this year, and I'm pretty sure that every complaint I have mentioned you guys have taken care of the shit, and fixed it up, and Dave is always the first one to say thanks for fixing something up, or talk about how good conditions or features are. I think he's trying to offer his crticism and you come on here flaming it up. Seriously, Its pretty beat to come on here calling people bitches (this is not the first time) whether you agree with/like them or not.

can i just say to complaining and bitching about the big jumps is a broken record. weather people like it or not.. there here to stay and theres an even bigger one on the way sorry. but just let me or who ever, know what smaller features ur trying to see go up and ill attempt to relay the message or something maybe get pictures from other mountains that u have seen features u like and post them this fighting shit is just stupid and going no where. sorry peace out and one love brotha