SNO MOUNTAIN PARK

sjb269

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent about 3 1/2 hours dialing the first jumps lip in today. It had a nice tranny now with tons of pop. Some dudes were whaling on it tonight despite the super slow snow.

Good things being said about the second jumps also. A couple skiers bombed it from way up and made the knuck by about 8-10 feet. There's potential for some serious tricks to be thrown down on this jump. Tons of time in the air and a deep landing. The only issue is speed. Hopefully when the snows normal and faster you won't have to bomb from way up to make it. If it stays an issue I may just cut it shorter like 5 feet. But I don't want to do that.

I'm still coming up with Ideas for the third hit. and possibly a fourth if we can get some more snow.

for those reading this who are not really a park rider or if you just a park rider with out any etiquette...PLEASE DO NOT STAND NOR RIDE ACROSS THE LANDINGS OF JUMPS! There was almost a very serious injury tonight. A woman skied across the first landing just a another skier took flight. He had to spread eagle so he didnt put put his skis through the back of her skull. He still clipped her with his shin but she was ok. When riding in the park ALWAYS pay attention to what you are doing.

Thanks

for those reading this who are not really a park rider or if you just a park rider with out any etiquette...PLEASE DO NOT STAND NOR RIDE ACROSS THE LANDINGS OF JUMPS! There was almost a very serious injury tonight. A woman skied across the first landing just a another skier took flight. He had to spread eagle so he didnt put put his skis through the back of her skull. He still clipped her with his shin but she was ok. When riding in the park ALWAYS pay attention to what you are doing.

Thanks

yeaa, when i was riding there today i got snaked from hitting jumps or rails at least 5 to 10 times. shit gets dangerous as the jumps and rails get bigger and progress.

Biggest Booter in PA???? That is insane!!! Props to Sno!!!!!

Boulder has like a 65'..this jumps not that big. I'd say they have the biggest I've seen. But I'm very happy with this jump.

Does snow have Spike roped off yet??

No spike is not roped off. It's open to riding. It's only roped off sometimes during the day if we're doing cat work in the park. But even if it is roped off we always open it by 4:00pm

Thanks

On sunday I almost collided with a ski instructor standing on the landing from one of the first boxes...When I cam over the crest onto the box, he stopped right in front of me. good times with ski instructors at sno, as usual! Although, they have been better about skiing in groups and chilling on top of headwalls

Well, I mean is it roped off with a small entrance to make sure no one is going in there that doesn't plan on doing park. (anyone doing park knows enough not to chill out on the landings)

No it's not roped off that way although maybe we can do something like that and it might eliminate the gapers or it will just catch their interest more who knows.

I say push snow up as a barricade funneling people to the center of the slope at the top starting from the lift over and from the woods over, and at the center you'll have all the safety sighs like smart style crap and a 3-4 ft entrance, ya know make it super intimidating to gapers and hey, if there are actual safety guidelines and rules the ski and safety patrol can actually try to enforce them... RIGHT? after all it is a safety concern and as far as I know they aren't doing anything to solve the problem...

As far as the gapers know you can do whatever you want in there, if there are no rules saying you can't, you can't expect idiots to know what not to do.

If you make park passes that anyone can get its pointless because anyone can get it, and if you try to enforce it at the top kids will sneak through the woods just because. Make it open but intimidating and maybe let ski patrol and lifties know you think its a safety problem.

OR we could just keep bitching about it.

Edited by CLAUSS

actually i just looked back a couple pages and so those pictures and the jumps do look much bigger and nicer than past years at sno, so i do believe you. i thought it was gunna be like a couple years ago when sno was like "we have 75' jumps!" and it was really like 10 foot tables built up way too high. unfortunately i wont see shit today because i got a 102 fever last and it hasnt gone away : /

play this video on a loop at your ticket window.

http://media.nscdn.com/uploads/member/vide...90Sequence1.mov

Soooo... when is the park going to start progressing? I've been up almost every night for the last 2 weeks and so far I've barely seen anyone hit your jumps on spike, tonight for example, I lapped the park for 4 hours and saw 1 guy attempt the second jump on spike, he had to bomb it from the top of the trail to get speed, and just aired it. don't know if he made it, same with the first jump.

I grabbed 3 kids walking past me in the lot, when I was leaving, I asked them how they thought the park was, there first response was "Its okay" then I asked a little more, they responded with "why are the jumps so big? there too big for everyone to hit, maybe 8 people who ride sno regularly can even work up the balls to hit them," "there is nothing for kids to ride to practice, its either extremely small or deadly large." now these kids are ages 17-19 park kids, skiers, I've seen them last year and the year before, there pretty good, coming from them means more than my opinion and they said the general consensus is that the park is lacking a lot compared to last year, they then went on with how the park was set up last year and how they loved all the different features,

The one kid said he put his ski through the box when it was set up triple up, they said that was a horrible idea, they said they were the most fun when it was just 3 in a row. also, the third jump on spike (still under construction is absolutely stupid because it takes up the whole trail. the one kid also said he asked nick to groom a feature and nick's answer was "no dude I already did it tonight" and the fucking gapers are so BAD! I hit the pipe tonight and 2 kids on ski blades came up while i was coming down from the wall and I almost plowed into them, I had to bail to miss him. Two kids were standing on both sides of the lip for the double barrel, I screamed at them and ran over the one kids board to prove a point. a whole group of kids were sitting right under the flat rail at the top of mainline and I had to bail to miss them. SO PISSED!!! I was furious for the rest of the night, thank god I had a 40 min ride home to cool off, this happened 3 more times tonight!

dude, you park guys just sit inside the shop and watch TV all night, I know because I did it last year too, I don't give a fuck about burning bridges at this point because you guys are doing a shitty fucking job, Its obvious the park sucks because I never see the park crew hit features either, hey Carey, I thought you said only workers this year? your probably really only there during the day during the week but why don't you come on a week night and see what features are being hit, the single barrel battle ship never gets used. The least you guys can do is have a presence in the park and tell kids when they're doing something wrong, I see the crew once a night tops, and since your too damn lazy to put up signs the gapers don't even know they're doing anything wrong!

Features keep disappearing on mainline, that bonk was my favorite feature and it was just taken away, 2 or 3 weeks ago, the up box to bonk has been closed all week and they took away the table sideways in the ground, what happened to progression? what happened to the 20ft picnic table? The X box? the C bowl? wall ride? whale tale? battle ship box? there are 4 single rails and only one out, there are so many small features that would mean so much to everyone if they were out,

I'm sorry sean, this is not boulder and you don't have kids like that here, I know you want to bring them hear but why, they already have boulder and I don't think your ever going to compare to that, so just give up on your progressive bull shit and just try to please your customers, no your too good to put a picnic table in the ground the normal way, yeah the people you talk to say last years shit sucked but the people who ride sno every night would rather have that than what is there now, ohh yea and i'm pretty sure that plastic isn't suppose to sit outside in the sun all summer... maybe thats why there all cracking.

I'd say that was a pretty good bitch fit...

Edited by CLAUSS