This storm sucked but by dawn it will be 15 degrees

Robert2

We got 6 inches of soft very dusty light snow then it started sleet then rain.

Looks like clearing then temp drops tonight to 15 degrees by dawn.

That should set the surface up real nice for real fast rides tomorrow no matter

how little grooming they can do tonight because of the wet slush.

hello ice.

Ice is nice

Speed is goooooooooooood.

Seriously,

some of the best riding days I've had were on blue ice.

Once you learn to ride ice you don't need to wait out perfect powder conditions and don't

sweat the weather reports. You just go ride.

If pain is your fear then armor up in roller blade and hockey padding and then no hardpack

will harm you.

Some of the SLOWEST rides I've had were in sticky wet fresh powder so I'd take groomed cord ice over powder any day.

Once you learn to ride ice you don't need to wait out perfect powder conditions and don't

If pain is your fear then armor up in roller blade and hockey padding and then no hardpack

will harm you.

Thank you professor

I'd take groomed cord ice over powder any day.

Uhmm ..........

Ice is nice

Speed is goooooooooooood.

Seriously,

will harm you.

Some of the SLOWEST rides I've had were in sticky wet fresh powder so I'd take groomed cord ice over powder any day.

dude. if the best days you had were on "blue ice" then there is something wrong.

Uhmm ..........

my thoughts exactly.

I'd rather ride powder, or even slush, to "blue ice" too. But, I like to hit jumps.

I assume Robert adn Moe are more into going fast and that's why they like the hard stuff.

No big deal, just different tastes for different riding. :)

yeah except i think Moe was playing his sarcasm card.

yeah except i think Moe was playing his sarcasm card.

That's the problem with this site.

Too many people act like juvenile punks by posting nothing but negative and sarcastic comments all the time.

It's bull$hit. It's not cool. It only shows how much of an a$$hole you are.

This is a SMALL forum. ALmost everyone is familiar with each other. We all share a common passion for the mountains.

Why does so many people think it's OK to constantly start shit with people on here?

You are NOT cool.

Being a GREAT rider/skier, helping other people, having financial, professional, and educational success......

all things that are cool.

Being a smart ass from behing your little computer=makes you a little bitch.

Be helpful, be fun, be polite, or just shut the f@ck up already.

Edited by TT C6

The bottom line is how much YOU can enjoy yourself on whatever conditions nature throws your way.

I go every week day regardless of the weather report so I may come across conditions that

other people consider just plain impossible to ride.... like blue ice.

There is only so much natural snowfall here every year and its never enough to

keep a ski resort open. The ski resorts must manufacture snow and its not always going to

be soft and fluffy so the next best thing is to groom and regroom corduroy grooves in the hardpack

daily. You may find groomed cord too hard to jump or too icy to edge.

I don't jump and I don't jib rails so falling or landing hard is not ever my concern.

I can pop up on the snowboard edge and ride in control just carving ribbons down the hill

at high speeds and get my fun even if the surface is what you consider less than desirable.

I can not get that same deep carving affect on two skis so I never ski on anything less than

what you guys consider primo conditions.

So yes, I do enjoy blue ice better than sticky wet snow when snowboarding.

Sticky wet snow sort of grabs at my snowboard and it feels like I'm being grabbed at the ankles

in a tugging manner while riding. This is bad for my knees and shins and wears me out faster so

sticky snow is bad. Slippery ice is good.

You may notice that the ski resorts DO NOT CANCEL ski lessons when conditions are icy.

Ski instructors must teach on all conditions. 5 degrees to 50 degrees. snow, ice, rain.

The lifts only shut down for lightning.

Since I am a retired snowboard instructor I have spent more time in adverse weather

teaching snowboarding than many of you have actually spent sliding down a hill on primo powder.

But this isn't about me.

What I am writing about here now is that many of you saw this week's weather and

got all stoked up about this major snowfall coming our way and this made you think

about how to go play in the snow.

Forget stoked.

Learn how to ride on all surfaces, soft snow and groomed cord ice, and go have fun.

Don't just complain about the weather not dumping enough snow on us.

If you don't know how to have fun on all surface conditions then perhaps you need

lessons. I don't care if you've been riding or skiing for 20 years.

If you only ski powder because you lose it on ice then you need to learn a new trick or two

and then NO DAY will be a BAD DAY skiing.

The groomers at JF and BB have done a hell of job with the surface this year.

There seems to be nothing these guys can't fix.

The surface has been very flat and seamlessly contoured groomed cord any time is wasn't

snowcone granular or chalky powder.

All of which fly like the wind and are safe for me to play on.

I'll definitely be buying the groomers another case of beer or two this year for a job well done.

That's the problem with this site.

Too many people act like juvenile punks by posting nothing but negative and sarcastic comments all the time.

It's bull$hit. It's not cool. It only shows how much of an a$$hole you are.

This is a SMALL forum. ALmost everyone is familiar with each other. We all share a common passion for the mountains.

Why does so many people think it's OK to constantly start shit with people on here?

You are NOT cool.

Being a GREAT rider/skier, helping other people, having financial, professional, and educational success......

all things that are cool.

Being a smart ass from behing your little computer=makes you a little bitch.

Be helpful, be fun, be polite, or just shut the f@ck up already.

dude i was just explaining Moe's comment. so for your sake, i hope you aren't talking to me. because if you are, man, you are gonna be taking a break for another unnecessary outburst.

Edited by toast21602

I'd rather ride powder, or even slush, to "blue ice" too. But, I like to hit jumps.

I assume Robert and Moe are more into going fast and that's why they like the hard stuff.

No big deal, just different tastes for different riding. :)

Today we had a promise of 9 inches of snow.

When I heard that it meant just one thing to me.

Jumps.

I've never tried to jump anything because of hard landings and I'm too old for hard landings.

Every year I see these kids jumping and say one day I'll learn how to do that.

The problem is there is never anything soft enough to jump.

So when you (TT C6 ) said you were game for a trip today I really thought it would be me learning

something new from YOU the guy that likes jumping.

We call deep snow HERO snow because you can fly like a superhero and if you fall you may

survive with nothing more than fractured pride.

We do get a few 1 or 2 or 3 foot deep blizzards that shut down the whole state once in a while

and my first thought is GO TO THE MOUNTAIN because this will be unheard of conditions in these parts.

Only problem there is that my bus service cancels when we get 6 inches of snow or ice.

SO I WILL MAKE THIS STANDING OFFER.

IF CONDITIONS ARE AWESOME DEEP SNOW THEN MY BUS WILL CANCEL AND I WILL

PAY FOR YOUR LIFT TICKET IF YOU TAKE ME TO SNOWBOARD.

wait... They have different colors of ice out there!?!???!?

And tt c6 i'm sorry but you need to chill the """f@ck???""" down... Honestly, i've been here for not that long, and i'm enjoying myself, never had anybody be mean to me, never had anything bother me like you seem to keep bringing up. Yes people are sarcastic but thats part of the fun. theres still people out there that will help. Just loosen up and enjoy yourself on the forum dude, stop taking things so personally.

dude i was just explaining Moe's comment. so for your sake, i hope you aren't talking to me. because if you are, man, you are gonna be taking a break for another unnecessary outburst.

If you don't make sarcastic and antagonistic posts, it doesn't apply to you.

If you do make sarcastic and antagonistic posts, the it does apply to you.

You weren't made a moderator so you could use your "power" for your own benefit.

So, for your sake, don't theaten me.