Blue Last Day in January

RootDKJ

Came home very early from skiing. 1st run out on Challenge I felt a very sharp pain inside my left knee, and it was very difficult to make right turns. Took another run on Paradise and it was still there, but not a present. Progressed up towards Lazy Mile, again, still bothersome and very hard to carve a right turn because of the pressure on/in my left knee. Met AtomicSkier and AngryHugo, did one more run down Lazy Mile and called it a day. I can tell something is wrong. Damnit. Walking feels ok though. Not my month for skiing. First the right foot and now the left knee.

Major ice patch on Paradise, right before the last left turn.

Today was great. Conditions this morning were nice, but it was cold out. Got 1 run on a buttery smooth Razor's first thing with NastarGlenn, then Challenge, which had fresh blown on it. He ditched me to go ski with his sister, but soon after that I met up with AngryHugo. The run of the day was Main Street, which, from top to the middle of Main Street was soft, fresh blown groomed snow which was so grippy. I had my slalom skis on today, so I was in heaven. Bottom of main street was pretty good too. My last two runs were on Razors which was a racers dream. It was smooth, it was fast, and it was grippy. I thoroughly enjoyed my 19 run session this morning.

Tomorrow should be even better.

That sux, hope it's nothing too serious. Maybe some ice/heat/ice treatment and staying off it will help.

Today was the first day on the snow in 2 weeks. I didn't make it out last weekend because I was too hungover.

I'll called a bunch of orthopedic doctors today, nobody's open. I'll call back on Monday. I won't need a referral and my co-pay is only $25, so it's worth it to find out what's really going on.

Great day today, and great riding with you guys. The crowd wasn't bad at all. There were a few of the SARS buses there and everything.

Hope everything is ok, Root. That last run down Lazy, you looked good for the first 100 yards or so, then it looked like you were really fighting that knee pain. I'm no doctor, but you should probably start drinking. Heavily.

Hopefully I can make it back tomorrow. I may have to work, so we'll see......

Great day today, and great riding with you guys. The crowd wasn't bad at all. There were a few of the SARS buses there and everything.

Hope everything is ok, Root. That last run down Lazy, you looked good for the first 100 yards or so, then it looked like you were really fighting that knee pain. I'm no doctor, but you should probably start drinking. Heavily.

Hopefully I can make it back tomorrow. I may have to work, so we'll see......

I felt ok for the top 1/4 of the trail, then it was so painful to turn right. I'm going to take you up on that prescription.