Buckman's Boulder Bash 2/21/09

Ok everyone, our KOP Rail Jam has moved to Boulder!

Saturday 2/21/09

Buckman's Boulder Bash

(It is now a slopestyle event.)

Over $5k cash plus $10k in product/prizes/giveaways

Event Schedule:

8am - 9:30am - Competitor Check-In

9:00am - 11am - Practice Session

11:30am - Competition begins

Awards immediately following finals

Divisions:

Grommet (12 and under, ski and snowboard combined)

Open Skier

Open Snowboarder

Women's (ski and snowboard combined)

Registration = $20+ lift ticket

(discount tickets can be purchased with registration online)

Register online at www.buckmans.com/store/BuckmansEvents-OSCAR_578.aspx

As in the past, registration may fill up prior to the event so register in advance!

sponsors include: Oakley, Burton, Salomon, Ride, The North Face, Spyder, Under Armour, Line, Atomic, SkullCandy and Nitro.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there wouldn't be a comp if he was.

Likely, but not always true...

I've seen people take their skiing to a totally different level when around people that are MUCH better than them, even when not competing. I'm sure some of the PASR crew in CO can attest to this.

Its always fun when an 'unknown' wins a relative big comp. X-games skiing halfpipe anyone?

Register online at www.buckmans.com/store/BuckmansEvents-OSCAR_578.aspx

As in the past, registration may fill up prior to the event so register in advance!

John - You might consider adding a competitor name line as part of the registration. I am not competing, but I am registered. :P

i'm assuming he's not competing?

Would be nice to see a 12-18 category for the men and then an open category that might have a higher registration fee? Little late now, but in talking to some kids at Seven Springs and Roundtop this weekend........

Edited by Papasteeze

John - You might consider adding a competitor name line as part of the registration. I am not competing, but I am registered. :P

The online instructions should say that the competitor info should be entered as the ship to. I will have my web guy clarify that.

Regarding the set up, I am meeting with the Boulder Park people on Friday to finalize that. Will try to pass the info along once it's established.

thanks,

ps - registration is going along nicely, can't guarantee there will be on-site registration so register asap to ensure you don't miss out!

Any word yet on the setup?

Ok, so I met with Ian on Friday. He is psyched to do a slopestyle as they haven't done one this year.

The set up will be on Love Park. There will be 4 features. 2 rail options each with 2 choices (easier and more technical) and 2 jumps.

The boulder crew will put together a great course. We will have a DJ, MC, and loads of our vendors set up for the day.

Register now to make sure you get a spot. We may or may not have onsite registration.

Ya boulder is way to massive for the groms it should still be sick though cause you know that there going to redue the jumps and everything for it.

they need to rebuild all those jumps anyway and could just add a smaller side to it like they do in almost every big contest out there. plus the run is open and wide unlike love so its easy to see and judge. love is a good park but if they really wanted to have a real legit contest it would be on boulder park and they would actually take some time in building the setup especially for how much money buckmans puts into this.

Edited by travis