Buckman's Boulder Bash 2/21/09

Very true it would be sick to see what kinds of things would get thrown down on that last jump.

hopefully a death.

that jump is so stupid i dont see how it could be fun. i for one dont like hitting a jump that can end my season if i fuck up . no one really hits it anyway idk why they made it bigger...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the way its set up now an epic death would happen. it used to be more of a step up style jump but now the lip has gotten bigger and more verticle and i just can't see much gonig down on it the way it is. but hey i wont hit it like that and if they keep it the same i will definately watch for some good lol's

are boulders jumps typically super poppy? also so they have an idea how big they will be

boulders jumps usually have super nice take-offs. pop you up a lot, but not a real abrubt buck at the end like other jumps, just smooth transitions to put you up there pretty good. hopefully they build the landings on love real nice for this event. as for size, jumps on love are fairly small... i've seen them anywhere from 15ish to 35/40ish. i hope they get them up to 40/50 feet, with a smaller side option too.

boulders jumps usually have super nice take-offs. pop you up a lot, but not a real abrubt buck at the end like other jumps, just smooth transitions to put you up there pretty good. hopefully they build the landings on love real nice for this event. as for size, jumps on love are fairly small... i've seen them anywhere from 15ish to 35/40ish. i hope they get them up to 40/50 feet, with a smaller side option too.

as long as its not sudden right at the end its all good. o wow i was thinking 60ish 40-50 is realllyy nice.

When you register, do you use the reciept as a voucher for your ticket and proof of registration? or how does it work?

Everyone who registered will receive an e-mail (on wed or as soon after as they register) with details.

Competitor check in will be in the boulder Park Lodge from 8Am -9am. Bibs and lift tickets (if purchased) will be handed out. The day's schedule will also be posted there.

Practice will be 9:30 - 11. Riders meeting 11:20. Event starts 11:30.

morning runs on Love ok, but finals would be on Boulder? yes?

Is this going to be on LOVE park or on BOULDER park ????

If it's on LOVE park, what hours will LOVE be closed to non-participants?

I can've beleive it would be on LOVE. Boulder is the obviously better location.

All I do is lap LOVE all day, so if LOVE is closed, I am going to be pissed.

If I gotta participate to be able to ride LOVE on Saturday, please sign me up Johnny.

If I'm in the comp, it will be the most pathetic showing ever.

But, it's better than being stuck on the sidelines all day

Is this going to be on LOVE park or on BOULDER park ????

If it's on LOVE park, what hours will LOVE be closed to non-participants?

I can've beleive it would be on LOVE. Boulder is the obviously better location.

All I do is lap LOVE all day, so if LOVE is closed, I am going to be pissed.

If I gotta participate to be able to ride LOVE on Saturday, please sign me up Johnny.

If I'm in the comp, it will be the most pathetic showing ever.

But, it's better than being stuck on the sidelines all day

really? you honestly think it's better to have the comp on boulder and have nine year olds hitting an 80 foot jump? just because you want to straight air the jumps on widow and jump off the sides of the lips onto the rails?

really? you honestly think it's better to have the comp on boulder and have nine year olds hitting an 80 foot jump? just because you want to straight air the jumps on widow and jump off the sides of the lips onto the rails?

Who cares what I do on the jumps as long as I clear them? Do you thing I care what you, or anyone else, thinks?

For the record, I spin off everything on LOVE and straight air on Boulder. So, I don't know who you have me confused with.

Why don't you PM me where you are getting your info from.

9 year olds? Are you serious? :rolleyes:

Have the comp anywhere you want. Just don't close off LOVE to people who pay to use it every weekend like me. I won't make the drive to BB if I can't ride LOVE.

If LOVE MUST be used, please only close it for the actual judged portion of the comp, then please open it back up as soon as possible.

Does that sound fair ????

dude, there is a comp on LOVE Park... its going to be closed and you have to deal with that. Just like everybody has to deal with trails that are closed for races or other comps. I wasn't pissed off when i was out at Park City and couldn't ski Willy's Run, i just dealt with it. Every weekend Razors is closed at Blue for races or race training, and all of use paying customers are paying for it. Its one trail, one day, at freakin' Big Boulder in Pennsylvania... i think you can deal with it.

:)

Who cares what I do on the jumps as long as I clear them? Do you thing I care what you, or anyone else, thinks?

For the record, I spin off everything on LOVE and straight air on Boulder. So, I don't know who you have me confused with.

Why don't you PM me where you are getting your info from.

9 year olds? Are you serious? :rolleyes:

Have the comp anywhere you want. Just don't close off LOVE to people who pay to use it every weekend like me. I won't make the drive to BB if I can't ride LOVE.

If LOVE MUST be used, please only close it for the actual judged portion of the comp, then please open it back up as soon as possible.

Does that sound fair ????

so its not ok to close love all day because you want to ride it, but if they closed boulder all day for the comp, but other people wanted to ride that, that'd be fine? why do i need to PM you? i've got nothing to say to you that i'm afraid to say in a public forum. and yes, i'm very serious about nine year olds; you can ask john from buckmans if you don't believe me, but there were definitely kids under 10 in their comp last year, so seeing as how we don't live in CO or UT or BC and nine year olds around here do not hit 50+ foot jumps daily, i'd like to think its not the best idea for them to be hitting an 80 foot jump. and if you spin of everything in love, including lips to rails, and don't understand why that's a problem, then you really don't have a basis to complain, just as you say doug has no basis to be giving park reports.

p.s. mods feel free to delete this if you think it's junking up the thread. sorry johnny.

TTc6, you need to silence yourself, before you continue to make an ass of yourself.

I'm sure boulder cares about running a smooth comp. There are obvious reason why love park will be closed for the majority, if not all day, pending on how long the comp runs.

Ok, here's where we stand:

Online registration is CLOSED and we are at 75+ competitors total

Love Park WILL be CLOSED until the competition is completed.

Under Armour is presenting Ahmet Dadali for the day. He will be signing autographs, riding, and just hanging out for the day.

Competitor Check-In is 8am-9:30am

Miss check-in and you are disqualified! If you run into a problem Saturday morning and are running late give my cell a call (if you are registered you have that #) and let me know.

Practice session is 9:30am - 11:00am

Competitors meeting at 11:15am

Qualifiers begin at 11:30am

Under Armour is also providing our DJ and MC for the event. All our top vendors will be set up giving away loads of product.

I am sure that this year's event will be as much fun as all of our events. Quality competitors, great prizes, and well run!

thanks in advance to the Crew at Boulder for letting us have our event at their mountain and for all the work they put in on the course.

If you aren't competing come and watch, take photos, or shoot some video!

If you shoot video check out this post