2-4-09 TR JF

Robert2

JADIP, indeed!

Spent the morning at JF with a friend and we were beyond giddy over the amazing conditions and the complete lack of people. In fact, when we pulled into the lot at 9, my friend asked if JF was even open! Sunny, blue skies, cord everywhere. We were still skiing over untouched snow at noon. I did more runs in 4 hours today than I do in a month of Saturdays. Best day of the year. I may have to develop a midweek habit. :)

Welcome to my world JFBBMomski !!!!!!!!

I've been trying to tell people this all winter.

Midweek never has any lift lines and you rarely have to share a hill.

You can just go ski laps again and again and again.

Grooming has been aces all winter no matter what the weather dumped on us.

I guessed with so many great trail reports from me out of JF nobody believed me anymore.

You picked a great day to ski.

I hope you get more like today.

JADIP, indeed!

Spent the morning at JF with a friend and we were beyond giddy over the amazing conditions and the complete lack of people. In fact, when we pulled into the lot at 9, my friend asked if JF was even open! Sunny, blue skies, cord everywhere. We were still skiing over untouched snow at noon. I did more runs in 4 hours today than I do in a month of Saturdays. Best day of the year. I may have to develop a midweek habit. :)

Welcome to my world JFBBMomski !!!!!!!!

I've been trying to tell people this all winter.

Midweek never has any lift lines and you rarely have to share a hill.

You can just go ski laps again and again and again.

Grooming has been aces all winter no matter what the weather dumped on us.

I guessed with so many great trail reports from me out of JF nobody believed me anymore.

You picked a great day to ski.

I hope you get more like today.

It's no secret that the conditions are way better during the week. Most of us have jobs or school and can't get to the mountain during the week. You are very lucky to be retired and still young enough to board.

It's no secret that the conditions are way better during the week. Most of us have jobs or school and can't get to the mountain during the week. You are very lucky to be retired and still young enough to board.

There's lots of older skiers.

I've met only a few boarders that are older than 50.... and very few over 60.

You make your fun where you can when you can.

I moved here and raised kids here.

You can spend your whole life holed up in some suburb or city counting the days until your

next vacation or you can bug out and go where you can have some fun and fitness activities the

rest of your life.

It was a major life event to move 100 miles away from "home" and work but it was more than

worth it for my whole family in the long run.

You say I'm lucky now but I didn't always have this luck. I did my time and got out of the rat race.

There's lots of older skiers.

I've met only a few boarders that are older than 50.... and very few over 60.

You make your fun where you can when you can.

I moved here and raised kids here.

You can spend your whole life holed up in some suburb or city counting the days until your

next vacation or you can bug out and go where you can have some fun and fitness activities the

rest of your life.

It was a major life event to move 100 miles away from "home" and work but it was more than

worth it for my whole family in the long run.

You say I'm lucky now but I didn't always have this luck. I did my time and got out of the rat race.

I'm surprised you didn't look anywhere slope side that you could walk to the snow, like the Village at Camelback. No need to take the bus.

can you just make one thread with all of your shirt trip reports in? it would clean things up a bit and make it much better if you could update it daily instead of a new thread every day.

only if doug and jeff and the rest of blue mt will do it too

Computer programmer..why am I so fascinated by R2D2????

Because he/it:

looks like a suped up trash can

makes cool sounds

is able to make you laugh without actually saying stuff

has cool gizmos inside, ie tazer

doubles as a waiter

can shoot you a lightsaber when you need one

has a midget inside

is a tripod

is not jar jar binks

Our reports are VERY descriptive and entertaining. :P

Ah yes... very descriptive and entertaining.

But I don't write a trail report for entertainment. I write a trail report so

anyone close enough in a 2 hour drive radius can decide to hit the slopes tonight at BB.

My 3PM JF trail reports are pretty consistent with what you will find 2 hours later at BB.

Even during the storm this week.... I said it snowed all day a real wet sticky NO GO SNOW.

Sure enough.... other trail reports said it was slow riding at BB that night.