and now onto boots....

krs1pitt

so i've had some pretty good luck talking with people on this site and have almost completed putting together a decent set of sticks for next season. now i'm starting to look at boots, i'm completely in the dark when it comes to what type of boot i should be looking for. i'm well aware the best decision is made by going to see a bootfitter (which i plan to do) but wanted to get ideas for boots i should look for if i'm looking to use for them all mountain but have some park emphasis. also, what should i be expected to spend. thanks for the help.

i figured i would get responses like this, are there brands i should stay away from....are some boots too heavy for park riding? like i said i'm just looking for suggestions when i show up at the store. i'm well aware that any high performance boot / shoe is specific to that rider, but i literally have no idea what to look for. are there particular features my boot should have?

thanks so hypothetically i found a pair online for a steal, they're the same brand / size ive used for rentals all year and fit me really well. would it be stupid of me to get these without going to a bootfitter? i'm assuming yes, but i could essentially get a 500 pair of boots for 150.

Go with Full Tilts. Hands down, most comfortable and supportive boot I've had. No shin bang, no toe bang, no pressure points from buckles. Only downside is that they're a little narrow, so if you have a wide foot they might not be good for you. I also noticed they have a bit too much forward lean stock, but I adjusted that and fixed the problem. They're also a little on the expensive side, but honestly, they're worth every penny.....and they sell full replacement parts for them so they can last.

Go with Full Tilts. Hands down, most comfortable and supportive boot I've had. No shin bang, no toe bang, no pressure points from buckles. Only downside is that they're a little narrow, so if you have a wide foot they might not be good for you. I also noticed they have a bit too much forward lean stock, but I adjusted that and fixed the problem. They're also a little on the expensive side, but honestly, they're worth every penny.....and they sell full replacement parts for them so they can last.

well if full tilts fit your foot then thats great if they dont fit his then they wont have any of those effects on his foot right? or can u get like special liners?

well if full tilts fit your foot then thats great if they dont fit his then they wont have any of those effects on his foot right? or can u get like special liners?

Full tilts fit narrow. You can change up the flex with different tongues and adjust the lean and flex on the cuff, but if you have a wide foot I don't suggest getting them. I think they're the best thing that ever happened to me, but my friend with a wide foot tried them and he said they killed his arches.

thanks so hypothetically i found a pair online for a steal, they're the same brand / size ive used for rentals all year and fit me really well. would it be stupid of me to get these without going to a bootfitter? i'm assuming yes, but i could essentially get a 500 pair of boots for 150.

if they are the same size you've used for rentals, they're more than likely too big. go to a shop.

• 3 weeks later...
Get'em fitted custom, you'll only regret it for 3 weeks of using them, (They'll hurt pretty bad) then you'll be happy, they'll be amazing.

usually boot fitters (Good ones) drop you 2-3 sizes from your shoe, I'm a 12 shoe and he put me in a 9 ski boot.

thanks for the help guys, after seeing a bootfitter he set me up with some salomon spk kreation's and i couldn't be happier with the choice/fit....thanks for the help.