Review Blue 08-09

zaldon

What did you say in you Blue mountain Season pass Review.

i was harassed on several occasions by ski patrol for "fast skiing" down a trail other than paradise or Burma road which are marked as slow skiing trail. i would also like to note that i was in complete control in all occasions and was CARVING the trail not sliding. also several ski patrollers do not wear helmets which is setting a bad example to guest who are new to ski and impressionable youth. i would also like to point out that slow skiing is a perception or an opinion. what is super fast for one person is just cruising for another. i have been snowboarding over 7 years and for the past five had a season past for camelback. never once at camel back or the dozens of other mountains i have visited in the PA, NY area have i been harassed by ski patrol or any other mountain representative for skiing fast. although i enjoyed the VIP line and the high speed six person lift . being harassed when i have paid hundreds of dollars to enjoy my self is reason enough for me not to be a returning blue mountain season pass holder next season. hopefully blue mountain ski patrol will learn that no one finds getting a ticket fun.

i dont feel the need to publicly embarrass specific ski patrollers. i think it would be more effective to simply create a stereotype of blue mountain ski patroller that management does not approve of. causing a drastic change in the way that ski patrollers are told to interact with the customer.

my perspective is a little different than alot of you so i thought i'd share,

i like to ski fast, and feel i can hold my own all over the mountain, groomers, fresh, bumps, a little park, and trying to get a handle on the racing thing. i got three kids 11-17 and a wife who started skiing 7-8 years ago. we're blue regulars between season and club passes. i taught/watched them all learn to ski at blue, mostly on paradise. i was so sick of that trail i probably didn't even ski it for 2 seasons after they "graduated". theyr'e all very solid skiers/boarders with the exception of one who has some medical issues but still has a blast out there doing her thing about once a week or so.

i've watched two of them get taken out big time on paradise. the best was my son about 5 years ago on an empty spring morning. the kid was a season pass holder and didn't even stop to see if he was ok. i skiid after him, tackled him and was ready to rip his pass off and beat his ass before i realized he was probably only a few years older than my boy and regained my composure.

so do i think there should be a trail for folks to learn on without getting creamed - absofreakinlutley! unfortunatley that requires speed control. alot of our skiing is on friday nights and some weekends. if you ever witnessed the mass of buses descend on blue on a school club night it's quite a site - i wish i could bottle some of that energy and had a buck for every f-bomb yelled in the llift lines - i'd buy the place!

have i ever bombed paradise - hell yeah! a few weeks ago i was yukking it up with the pasr crew when i almost took root out! i'm just glad we were both going fast and he didn't lose too much weight yet! if he was a kid in a wedge it might of been ugly. was i in control though?ALWAYS....just like the guy on challenge who had to have his busted up ass hauled off in a sled by the same patrollers he continues to antagonize.

that being said the way blue is doing this is not in anyone's interest. it's a joke, the whistles and keystone koppers routine is just rediculous and and creates more problems and bad feelings. the Tru-tv thing just shows how bad it is and at the same time inflates the egos of some and makes it even worse.

not sure what the solution is though, signs are a joke , people would just wiz past the patrollers if they didn't whistle. even with the whistles/tickets people just laugh and keep going. i'm sure a large part of SP's attitude is a reaction to people being rude and laughing at their frozen pens and whatnot - i sure as hell couldn't be one and put up with that crap. maybe established slow skiing times would help keep more people happy. me if i get the urge to ski paradise fast i'll do it early before the patrollers get there.

my guess is a little good judgement and courtesy on both side of the rope would probably go a long way.....

Edited by mbike-ski

have i ever bombed paradise - hell yeah! a few weeks ago i was yukking it up with the pasr crew when i almost took root out! i'm just glad we were both going fast and he didn't lose too much weight yet!

HA! You still owe me a beer for that one :lol::rofl:cheers:

my perspective is a little different than alot of you so i thought i'd share,

i like to ski fast, and feel i can hold my own all over the mountain, groomers, fresh, bumps, a little park, and trying to get a handle on the racing thing. i got three kids 11-17 and a wife who started skiing 7-8 years ago. we're blue regulars between season and club passes. i taught/watched them all learn to ski at blue, mostly on paradise. i was so sick of that trail i probably didn't even ski it for 2 seasons after they "graduated". theyr'e all very solid skiers/boarders with the exception of one who has some medical issues but still has a blast out there doing her thing about once a week or so.

i've watched two of them get taken out big time on paradise. the best was my son about 5 years ago on an empty spring morning. the kid was a season pass holder and didn't even stop to see if he was ok. i skiid after him, tackled him and was ready to rip his pass off and beat his ass before i realized he was probably only a few years older than my boy and regained my composure.

so do i think there should be a trail for folks to learn on without getting creamed - absofreakinlutley! unfortunatley that requires speed control. alot of our skiing is on friday nights and some weekends. if you ever witnessed the mass of buses descend on blue on a school club night it's quite a site - i wish i could bottle some of that energy and had a buck for every f-bomb yelled in the llift lines - i'd buy the place!

have i ever bombed paradise - hell yeah! a few weeks ago i was yukking it up with the pasr crew when i almost took root out! i'm just glad we were both going fast and he didn't lose too much weight yet! if he was a kid in a wedge it might of been ugly. was i in control though?ALWAYS....just like the guy on challenge who had to have his busted up ass hauled off in a sled by the same patrollers he continues to antagonize.

that being said the way blue is doing this is not in anyone's interest. it's a joke, the whistles and keystone koppers routine is just rediculous and and creates more problems and bad feelings. the Tru-tv thing just shows how bad it is and at the same time inflates the egos of some and makes it even worse.

not sure what the solution is though, signs are a joke , people would just wiz past the patrollers if they didn't whistle. even with the whistles/tickets people just laugh and keep going. i'm sure a large part of SP's attitude is a reaction to people being rude and laughing at their frozen pens and whatnot - i sure as hell couldn't be one and put up with that crap. maybe established slow skiing times would help keep more people happy. me if i get the urge to ski paradise fast i'll do it early before the patrollers get there.

my guess is a little good judgement and courtesy on both side of the rope would probably go a long way.....

well said and i agree 100%

you tackled a kid?!? haha i would have too.