Making snow in March!

DiMe

Funny story.....my daughter and I were at CB on Sunday and riding up the Stevenson quad I could see several of the snow guns out on the trails. We happened to be riding the lift with a patroller and I mentioned seeing the guns out and asked if CB would be making more snow.

The patroller tells me its doubtful - too expensive this late in the season was his reason.

Look at today's conditions page - the east side of the mountain is shut.

We are hoping to get to CB on Saturday - depends on how my son feels, he's recovering from bronchitis. But he's missed two weekends already and is feeling withdrawal symptoms.

Funny story.....my daughter and I were at CB on Sunday and riding up the Stevenson quad I could see several of the snow guns out on the trails. We happened to be riding the lift with a patroller and I mentioned seeing the guns out and asked if CB would be making more snow.

The patroller tells me its doubtful - too expensive this late in the season was his reason.

Look at today's conditions page - the east side of the mountain is shut.

We are hoping to get to CB on Saturday - depends on how my son feels, he's recovering from bronchitis. But he's missed two weekends already and is feeling withdrawal symptoms.

Information is very limited, typically at ski resorts decisions are made last min especially with snow making. The east side was just closed for a delayed opening this morning and they never updated the website as usual the phone snow report is more reliable :)

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Information is very limited, typically at ski resorts decisions are made last min especially with snow making. The east side was just closed for a delayed opening this morning and they never updated the website as usual the phone snow report is more reliable :)

what is the phone snow report number?

I went there today and someone ask if their were going to make snow and the lady in the office said No because they have enough snow. But that is definitely not the cases there were bear spot and thin area every were.

I went there today and someone ask if their were going to make snow and the lady in the office said No because they have enough snow. But that is definitely not the cases there were bear spot and thin area every were.

Probably the same lady in the office that told BigDaddK they werent accepting passes from other mountains. I talked to a nigh shift snowmaker today and they are def lighting it up tonight and tomarrow for as long as the weather allows.

Me and the smallest (and fastest) of my kids were up on Thursday evening and Sunday morning & the coverage is pretty good.

On Thursday there was a killer thin/ice patch on Raceway, the headwall on Cliffy was showing lots of ice (not just hardpack but real ice), nile looked a bit messy but was generally well covered. We didn't expect much from Sunday morning but the conditions were decent on Asp, Rocket (very good), Margies (better then most), Big Poc', cleos etc, and over on the east side Cliffy was better and Pharaoh was probably the worst cover, getting thin near the bottom of the drop onto bactrian.

All in, considering the time of year, a good effort by CB, I could see them easily dragging out a couple more weeks, if you don't mind PA "spring conditions" then it's all good.

My only complaint would be the reluctance to run the park lift, I was sure they would have it open for the afternoon / evening time, but this was a big disappointment for my kids.

I'll be back at CB as soon as Blue closes...

How much longer do you think Blue is going to make it until? Looks like theres another two night snowmaking window this Thursday and Friday if accuweathers forecast holds true. I wonder if CB will take advantage again chipmunk_175x125.jpg

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE