Ski999's genious idea

AtomicSkier

After suggesting it to me on Saturday while we were locking up our skis, I thought, "Wow, what a great idea". A little backround: Atomic's bindings have to be the worst design for locking the skis together, and for locking them. It makes having ski straps needed each time you transport the skis, and it's an extra hassle when trying to lock them. SOO, with Ski999's idea, I took out the drill, and well, drilled away. I think I achieved exactly what I wanted to do, make locking my Atomics a helluva lot easier... :rock:rock

bindingmodsmall.jpg

After suggesting it to me on Saturday while we were locking up our skis, I thought, "Wow, what a great idea".  A little backround: Atomic's bindings have to be the worst design for locking the skis together, and for locking them.  It makes having ski straps needed each time you transport the skis, and it's an extra hassle when trying to lock them.  SOO, with Ski999's idea, I took out the drill, and well, drilled away.  I think I achieved exactly what I wanted to do, make locking my Atomics a helluva lot easier... :rock  :rock

jeff,

I'm impressed...I didn't take you as the power tool type of guy.

:banghead Damn f*cking drill! :banghead Why ain't this working? :banghead

:lol: I remember you saying "it's nothing structural" so when I started drilling, i got a little nervous when metal shavings started coming out. I think there is a piece of metal in there just to give it support i guess, but I just kept on drilling.

:lol: I remember you saying "it's nothing structural" so when I started drilling, i got a little nervous when metal shavings started coming out.  I think there is a piece of metal in there just to give it support i guess, but I just kept on drilling.

Aren't you worried about moisture getting into the core of the ski? :confused

Have you sealed the sides of the hole with something? Was this just an evil joke by 999 that went horribly wrong.... :o

I was on the phone with an Atomic rep a couple of years ago and mentioned what a hassle it was to lock them. I said they should have a hole big enough to thread a Kryptonite lock through on the heal release lever...he said to make my own hole.

So if Jeff's skis fall apart, it's not actually my fault. But, yes, as I've tried to explain to Zonked, I am a genius.

I was on the phone with an Atomic rep a couple of years ago and mentioned what a hassle it was to lock them. I said they should have a hole big enough to thread a Kryptonite lock through on the heal release lever...he said to make my own hole.

So if Jeff's skis fall apart, it's not actually my fault. But, yes, as I've tried to explain to Zonked, I am a genius.

yupp, I have a Kryptonite lock, and it fits PERFECTLY through a 1/4 inch hole....

well jeff if you got nice bindings in the first place you wouldn't have to drill holes in your equipment. :)

Atomic bindings pWnz joo! I don't know what I'd do without Varizone. I find myself constantly moving my bindings, from the backwards position to make big arcs, to forward, to make some incredibly fast, almost slalom like turns. I love atomic bindings, and when i get new skis for next year, i will stick to the Race 614's, and not get those Neox POS.

Rob....Those look strangly like Elan bindings...Also look strangly like Tyrolia...

Gotta love paint jobs ;)

Shows ya what I know :unsure:

I'll let you know when they actually arrive. The MSRP was off the scale if you ask me. They only fit this years RC4 ----- still experimenting..