Elevator, etc, etc....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Challenge glades have been thinned out all the way down as have some glades near Jane's Lane. I don't think too much has been done on the elevator. I was told they are waiting until the summer is over to start whacking down weeds and brush. There is also a rumor floating around about a winch cat coming for this winter. Might not happen, but will be exciting if it does.

I wasn't suggesting they would groom the elevator. A winch would be used to keep all of East Mtn. in better shape.

For people who spend countless hours on message boards I figured you noobs would know KYS by now. Kill Your Self.

Sorry, never saw KYS before. Anyway thanks for the updates Fluffy. Keep 'em coming they're much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

from JFBB.com...

08.26.09 | By chris

"Jack Frost Mountain staff under the direction of Mark Daubert have been busy clearing out more glades, adding tower guns, replacing snowmaking pipe, and "elevator" work. Here are some teasers of what has been going on this summer.

Riders this coming winter will be treated to glade expansions on Challenge and Jane's Lane. The glade on skier's right of Challenge has been extended to the East Mountain Lift. Jane's Lane has new glades also on skier's right that go to D Lift. The crews have been busy installing 18 30' tower guns on various slopes including Thunderbolt and Exhibition!"

This is all good news. The challenge glade sounds like it will be sweet although it already skied down to the lift, just had some rocks and logs to look out for. Jane's glade sounds like it'll be fun too and can't wait for the Elevator.

from JFBB.com...

08.26.09 | By chris

"Jack Frost Mountain staff under the direction of Mark Daubert have been busy clearing out more glades, adding tower guns, replacing snowmaking pipe, and "elevator" work. Here are some teasers of what has been going on this summer.

Riders this coming winter will be treated to glade expansions on Challenge and Jane's Lane. The glade on skier's right of Challenge has been extended to the East Mountain Lift. Jane's Lane has new glades also on skier's right that go to D Lift. The crews have been busy installing 18 30' tower guns on various slopes including Thunderbolt and Exhibition!"

This is all good news. The challenge glade sounds like it will be sweet although it already skied down to the lift, just had some rocks and logs to look out for. Jane's glade sounds like it'll be fun too and can't wait for the Elevator.

i like what i am hearing. 18 tower guns? thats huge right there. man, if my hellicopter wasnt in the shop for the driveshaft return springs recall, i would do a fly-by.