Went for the first time in 15 years

RidgeRacer

All of this White lighting talk made me want to see for myself. I must say I severely underestimated WL. I wasn't expecting that type pitch. My first run was Cannonball and when I looked up from the quad I was surprised at the steepness of the thing. The left side of WL was icy and impossible to edge ( I learned this the hard way) but I figured lightning out by my third run on it and skied it successfully every time for the rest of the night. (stay where the powder stashes and bumps are). The top part of the mountian didnt really interest me. Boomer is a nice run too. Lots of ice and hard pack. The snow wasn't the best especially on the steeps.

Beginners (if there are any here) read the signs and do not try White Lightning if you aren't an advanced to expert skier / boarder! :nono

Haven't seen it with the bumps, but I would imagine so. If you rode with Will you would know, hes pretty much mastered the straight bomb.

I had that mastered a while ago...But tried to get away from it, due to the fact coaches like to see you turn (whats that)...Anyway some nights I end up bombing trails to clear my head :)

Lightning was groomed for some reason today. It was awesome with all this soft snow, I carried my speed into it for some ungodly reason and i'm pretty sure i broke the sound barrier. (as well as almost breaking the barrier around the lift cuz it kinda came up on me quick). The liftie never saw anyone fly through the lift line like that before and up cannonball a little bit. :rofl

• 3 months later...