WHERE is the best place to ski if you don't drive

Robert2

11 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

A 5 gallon bucket with some oil dry (kitty litter) keep in the vehicle along with a change of clothes and a roll of tp. 

I keep mental notes of where the rail trail parking is, road construction sites . Usually a job johnny available.
Wawa , Sheetz . I’m not the most religious person but I’ve prayed the stalls open many times. I’ve yet to have a blowout but came close. 

My buddy has the record for the most embarrassing and most conspicuous emergency. Top of Tuckerman headwall.He started his run then stopped and for a cheering lunchrock crowd dropped a log 😳😂

I've had a couple VERY close calls on the slopes.
One night riding up the doubles at Blue, before there was a valley.
Started kicking in standing in line waiting...
On the way up, the levels started building, probably because I was sitting and every rumble across the towers made it worse.
Then the worst, it stopped just over Come Around!
After what felt like an eternity, it started moving again.
Flying down Easy Out trying to hold back the turtle is not something you want to be doing.

Not many know about the bathrooms that used to be down by Ski Wees, but they were always open but the race down the stairs was always fraught with danger.
Luckily I made it with less than a second to spare.

Then there was the time up at Killington, taking the never-ending green from the top down to the Skyship, holding one back the entire way down.   Luckily the Skyship lodge was still open, or that would have been an outdoor for sure.

I hate my bowels!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...