Keystone November 9

Ride Delaware ?

As I stated earlier this week, I came out to Colorado to see some friends and had a couple days before 2 of them arrived. I decided to ride today and tomorrow. Today was Keystone day and my friend's father and I left Denver at about 7:45... We stopped to get some coffee at Starbucks and arrived at the mountain at 9:15. Surprisingly there were a lot of cars in the lot with more behind us. They had 4 trails open top to bottom off the gondola including half of one of those trails being dedicated to the terrain park. My friend's father has that pass (epic?) which includes unlimited riding at a basin, breck, and keystone, 10 peak season days at Vail, 4 anytime $59 tickets for a guest, and six variable rate passes (terrain pending) for a guest. I used one of the latter and scored a $43 lift ticket. It sure beats the $65 they were charging. We hopped in line and headed to the the top. The snow was typical east coast machine made powder on top of hardpack. It was exactly what I expect east coast mid season without natural. We lapped the top runs to the mid station where the lift line was about 10 minutes long, and headed down to the base twice where the lift lines were about 5 min long. Around noon we realized considerable crowds for the terrain had begun to scrape off the snow. We decided to call it quits about 1:30 after roughly 10-12 runs. The terrain park definitely looked legit with a good sized jump that was seeing alot of 3s, and about 20 jibs you don't normally see anywhere unless it's mid season. I heard the lip of the jump was redone overnight and made it very worth riding.

Overall, I would love to come back mid season, but I can't complain about great coverage and riding on Nov. 9... They should definitely be happy with today's turnout. I would say season passes to daily tix were 50-50... I'll have another report for you tomorrow from Loveland...

• Like 1

I went up today too, skied from 10:30-3. It was pretty dead all day I thought. I waited in a long'ish line once for the mid station but other then that it was a 5 minute wait tops. Park setup is pretty legit, they've got some nice new rails and boxes for this season. Jump was OK...better than it was but still uneven as fuck. The lip is still way too tall I thought. They could cut it pretty much in half and reshape the lip and have a really fun step up. The way it is now it's a mega gnarly step down lip with a tiny narrow landing.

Nice ass day though, got pretty warm