BB 12-11

JFskiDan

just back from a quick session at boulder. got my mug shot taken then lapped little boulder a couple times. the snow was cold, white, etc.... little boulder was really hard packed, but there was a nice little area on skiers right that had a layer of untouched that was nice to play on, just had to avoid the basketball sized boulder towards the end. the lift on little boulder seemed to stuck on "granny" or maybe they were saving some electric. freedom was a little more skied in since thats where the majority of the people were at. my last run i was aiming for the little trail in between freedom and little boulder, which i thought might have gone unnoticed to most, but at some point they had run a machine down it turning it into a boulder field.

when i left i saw a snow cat at the top of boulder park doing some work. looked to be quite a bit of snow up there to work with, but i was pretty far away. i overheard 6 trails and four lifts for tomorrow, but dont quote me on that one.

1 pic of little boulder with no one on it, too cold to take more.

post-1753-126057397026_thumb.jpg

i'll catch up to you sometime tomorrow Dom...no worries

boulder is charging full price for tickets tomorrow? $48? fuck that.

anybody have any extra tickets, discounts, or vouchers?

Can't help out there.....i heard Blue is running some specials??????

sorry...couldnt resist.

yeah like i said, it was just once in this thread. that link reminds me of the good times we had biking. definitely not bitching there.

Fair enough, it came across that way to me but tone is often lost in text.

I think JFBB is appropriately priced. Its kind of ridiculous that people are hating on them charging after they had 2 free days to open the season. They could have just charged $20, $30, $40 on opening day and people would have showed up. They sure as hell would have made a lot more money that way. At some point that have to actually start paying back for the massive outlay on snowguns that is letting them open earlier than the others and giving them better snow conditions. JFBB has the best product right now in PA. They are going to charge a premium for it. Blue is charging $25 for Come Around, Main Street and Vista. Camelback is charging $35 for Rocket, Marge, a green trail T2B, and Rhodo. JFBB is an extra $10 over Camelback and you have a couple trails at JF the same length at Main Street, a park at JF bigger than Rhodo, and then you have Boulder and Love trails at Boulder that are as big as Main Street, and Little Boulder which is the same size as Vista, Freedom Park which is better than Come Around, and you have better snow conditions all around, and maybe a glade and some closed trails you can ride at JF. Seems like a no-brainer if you don't have a pass anywhere.