BB-JF 12-27-09

JFskiDan

got to Jack Frost about 10 am, no where near as crowded as i thought it might be.....at least the slopes anyway. seems like more people were hanging out by the lodge than on the slopes, and that didnt bother me. parked over near frosty so i made my way to east mountain pretty much skiing about every other trail. the beginner trails were nicer to ski on since conditions were typical for the day after rain, then freezing temperatures. not alot of people skiing east mountain, so the trails hadnt loosened up too much, still pretty icy. floyds was pretty interesting...lots of people sliding down it after realizing there wasnt too much grip. the elevator and the trees on challenge are gonna need some love by either mother nature or the wonderful folks at JFBB. (hint, hint)

skied my way back over to frosty, spending a little time bombing Janes Lanes since the snow got pretty nice there around noon.

Left JF about 12:30, grabbed a samich, and headed over to BB. the slopes at BB had some more traffic on them so they werent quite as icy. definetly more crowded than frost, big boulder lift line was moving pretty good, so i just made runs on bunny schuss, dragonfire, big boulder and mittlewig. eventually found PC and Serch, made a couple runs together before PA RR joined the usual suspects. we made 1 run together before i had to roll.

i am making some turns at frost monday, if anybodys around.

• Like 1

got to Jack Frost about 10 am, no where near as crowded as i thought it might be.....at least the slopes anyway. seems like more people were hanging out by the lodge than on the slopes, and that didnt bother me. parked over near frosty so i made my way to east mountain pretty much skiing about every other trail. the beginner trails were nicer to ski on since conditions were typical for the day after rain, then freezing temperatures. not alot of people skiing east mountain, so the trails hadnt loosened up too much, still pretty icy. floyds was pretty interesting...lots of people sliding down it after realizing there wasnt too much grip. the elevator and the trees on challenge are gonna need some love by either mother nature or the wonderful folks at JFBB. (hint, hint)

skied my way back over to frosty, spending a little time bombing Janes Lanes since the snow got pretty nice there around noon.

Left JF about 12:30, grabbed a samich, and headed over to BB. the slopes at BB had some more traffic on them so they werent quite as icy. definetly more crowded than frost, big boulder lift line was moving pretty good, so i just made runs on bunny schuss, dragonfire, big boulder and mittlewig. eventually found PC and Serch, made a couple runs together before PA RR joined the usual suspects. we made 1 run together before i had to roll.

i am making some turns at frost monday, if anybodys around.

I was there from around 1030-300. The conditions started out pretty bad, but got real nice right after lunch. I was mostly just lapping the park after lunch, the jumps were a lot of fun today.

I'll be at Frost tomorrow as well. Headed up with a buddy who is still figuring things out, so I might be spending a little more time on the blues.

• Like 1

I'll be up there tomorrow as well. Not sure on a time. Will probably shoot for early and gonna be riding solo tomorrow.

Ended up taking my buddies cousin today who just started this year. So spent a bunch of time with her on the easier stuff. This weeks is pretty much a clown show anyway so i don't mind just dicking around.

Tomorrow, blue coat, black pants white helmet.

No TR from me this time around.

Mike and I got to BB at 2:36 and was on the slopes by 2:45... Ran into Dan and lapped Bunny Schuss and Elbow, Draufganger (which I have researched to mean Daredevil in German), Boulder Trail(sans jumps like it should be IMO!!!), and of course Snowdrift.

A little while later Dominick arrived looking all official and shit in his JFBB teaching garb....(Stoked for you Dom!!!) Dan bolted and Dom went to go teach some lessons, Mike and I made our way across and checked out the peeps who looked to be having a blast on the hardpacked tubing runs..

The snow was hard but some real nice chalky stuff could be found on the sides. Snowdrift was the run earlier but as it got colder into the evening Boulder trail became the run to be on. Mike almost killed himself after making a jump and not paying attention after he landed. He landed and looked backwards instead of where he was going, headed straight for a lightpole and off the trail. Luckily for him he caught an edge which headed him away from the lightpole. Good night of skiing... we left around 7:20 after making a few last passes with Dom who was done with his teaching duties for the night... No pics this time.. Dom and Mike did one run of photoslutting but I just plain missed Dom and Mike's pic came out kind of crappy. No big... until next weekend..

JFBB kept it real despite the challenging weather conditions... not to mention didn't wait in one lift line all night over on the BB chair.

• Like 1