Crowds Dec 28th-30th?

millerm277

It was incredibly windy, skied from 9AM-3PM, not too much in crowds until midafternoon really (although their management of the singles line sucks, go with someone).

So, a short TR:

-Main street had good snow, and not many people.

-Lazy Mile was....yeah, crowded as usual, but decent conditions.

-Dreamweaver was mostly hardpack by the time I headed there in the afternoon.

-Beginner trails were all fine but crowded.

-Challenge was nice to fly down, but the light was getting too flat to see much by 2ish (didn't really matter, but everyone else slowed down a lot because they couldn't see every little detail in the snow.

-Raceway>Midway was decent, nothing special.

-Lower Sidewinder was a fun way to escape the crowds.

Liftlines: management at the 6-pack except singles line was good, quad had no one directing for most of the runs I took, 30 second lines at C/D.

Snowmaking: They're blowing the hell out of Razor's, Sidewinder Park, and Switchback.

In summary: A typical day at Blue, middle of the road conditions, moderate crowds, good terrain, a good time, and the lodge burgers still suck.

I will be there rain or shine on New Years AM.

Anybody heading to Blue tomorrow? I will be there around 3

I'll be there Jaybird.

From Blue's FB Page:

Partly sunny today!! Highs in the low 30's. Snow was made on; Paradise, Dreamweaver, Nightmare, Challenge, Vista, Swtichback, and Chute. Holiday Hours (8M-10PM) and Rates are in effect till Jan 1st!!

Should be some decent conditions.

The Place was a Shit Hole today man.... Dave said it was a Record setting Day, I believe it! After my 7 Hours of Servitude I did 2 runs top to bottom which was Icy Mile (which it all was, only a fraction of pow on the sides) to Lower Sidewinder which was ice and Central Park to steeze out on the 30 footer which had the best conditions. Did a Vista Midway Main St run which was of course all skied off like Icy Mile only pow on the sides. Then checked out Come Around which was just as icy. And to top it off dodging all the Gapers like Frogger was bad enough. All the snow was skied off every trail I was on... Besides Tuts, Terrain Run & Central Park.

Some Blue Jean mofo and her friend had the nerve to complain while Me and My Buddy were in line for Vista saying quote "I HATE Blue Mountain, It's always crowded and the Trails are always Icy" I overheard her and I said Then don't fucking come on a Holiday Week jackass. Don't put down Blue the True because you can't make it here on a Normal Day when there isn't 23 people per 50 foot Radius to dodge. Pisses me Off.

Skiers Responsibility Code Violators..does Sidewinder look like it is almost ready to open? It would be cool if they opened it as a regular ski trail for a few days..then set it up as a terrain park. Rumor has it that the jump section is gonna be pretty sweet..

gotta be spots around 5 feet deep of powder under each gun all the way up the trail... I say next weekend they will be good to go.

Skiers Responsibility Code Violators..does Sidewinder look like it is almost ready to open? It would be cool if they opened it as a regular ski trail for a few days..then set it up as a terrain park. Rumor has it that the jump section is gonna be pretty sweet..

they need a lot more snow to make the jump line. that area of the trail seemed to get hit bad by all the wind, and not as much snow had accumulated there. i left around 130 and there were people parked all the way out to the sign on the access road. probably the most crowded i've seen it in several years.