Ski Tech Recommendations?

BuzzDog

I have a pair of 2008 Atomic Nomad Blackeye Skis coming from Ebay & I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations on a technician to mount the bindings? Please fell free to post good & bad experiences from any ski shops in the Lehigh Valley area. I have mostly gone to Pelican on Rt. 309, but sometimes I wonder just how competent they are. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me!

of course you know I'll say any Buckman's location. all mounts are done by our central workshop staff who exclusively work on skis and boards. We are authorized Atomic dealers as well.

-John

out of curiosity, how much extra time does having to send all tech work to one central location add on to the finished date?

of course you know I'll say any Buckman's location. all mounts are done by our central workshop staff who exclusively work on skis and boards. We are authorized Atomic dealers as well.

-John

How's your repair work ?

Not to be a dick but I ask because years ago your Reading shop couldn't jig mount a pair of ski's properly. If you can't drill holes and line up a jig I'm not sure why I would trust you with ptex work, though this was some time ago.

The dude at Pinnacle in Reading knew his shit and did excellent work but now he's gone and I need someone I trust who knows their shit.

How's your repair work ?

Not to be a dick but I ask because years ago your Reading shop couldn't jig mount a pair of ski's properly. If you can't drill holes and line up a jig I'm not sure why I would trust you with ptex work, though this was some time ago.

The dude at Pinnacle in Reading knew his shit and did excellent work but now he's gone and I need someone I trust who knows their shit.

Our repair work is excellent. We can turn equipment quickly if needed. Just ask. Our central workshop is staffed by 10 techs who do nothing but work on skis and snowboards. They aren't salesmen, they are just highly trained techs.

I've seen them fix stuff that didn't look worth fixing. Core shots, missing edges, delamination, you name it.

Look, if you want to have it done while you wait, that's typically not happening at our shops. With 5 locations we would have to have $3-4mil tied up in tuning/repair equipment and about 25-30techs. We have a truck that visits each store every day and our store managers will also hand deliver rush jobs to our central workshop if needed.

You will be pleased.

Our repair work is excellent. We can turn equipment quickly if needed. Just ask. Our central workshop is staffed by 10 techs who do nothing but work on skis and snowboards. They aren't salesmen, they are just highly trained techs.

I've seen them fix stuff that didn't look worth fixing. Core shots, missing edges, delamination, you name it.

Look, if you want to have it done while you wait, that's typically not happening at our shops. With 5 locations we would have to have $3-4mil tied up in tuning/repair equipment and about 25-30techs. We have a truck that visits each store every day and our store managers will also hand deliver rush jobs to our central workshop if needed.

You will be pleased.

Out of curiosity, which shop is your "central shop"? I am assuming that if I bring my ski's to that location I will get a little better turn around time?

Out of curiosity, which shop is your "central shop"? I am assuming that if I bring my ski's to that location I will get a little better turn around time?

Our central shop is in Pottstown at our corporate offices. No retail store there.

Turn around time is the same regardless where you drop them off. If you are in a big rush just let the store know and they will work with you to meet your needs best we can.

-John