Cb Not Blowing Snow?

AtomicSkier

Is camelback snowmaking shut down for the year? is this the snow we'll be skiing on till march? blue's been continously building stockpiles in every nook and cranny they have (ask thinksnow, they have some 20 foot + piles to the left of the quad) and theyve been blowin on trails, and make the bumps soft as ever, why isnt camelback makin that base deeper? (at this time last year, didnt they crack the 100inch barrier?) they're only down aorund 50 or so

Is camelback snowmaking shut down for the year?  is this the snow we'll be skiing on till march?  blue's been continously building stockpiles in every nook and cranny they have (ask thinksnow, they have some 20 foot + piles to the left of the quad) and theyve been blowin on trails, and make the bumps soft as ever, why isnt camelback makin that base deeper?  (at this time last year, didnt they crack the 100inch barrier?) they're only down aorund 50 or so

My uncle is a snowmaker up at blue and they have been blowin snow day and night and like you menchined off to the left of the quad they have blown snow in deep piles. I have only one quess why camelback stopped making snow and that is camelbeach.

We'll be making snow tonight (Monday night) on Marjie's Delight, The Rocket, Lower Cleopatra, Honeymoon Lane, Coolmoor, Across the top of the Mountain, and from the Sunbowl to the Stevenson Express.

All trails are currently full width and snowmaking operations will continue at night, usually during the midweek in preparation for busier weekends.

With the natural snow we've received, the skiing and riding today was great!

Dave K

Camelback

The 1" which is probably more than they got the skiing and riding was great. How come no Daily pics if it was so good? ;)

My issue is that they don't seem to have an interest in extending the season. Last year was a joke as far as closing goes. They could have easily extended the season by 1-3 weeks but had no interest. I do not hold a season ticket but would have been willing to ski spring conditions and pay for it but CB does not want to extend the season!

BB/JF encourages spring skiing by offering reduced rates. If the rates would be reduced and the season extended more people would show up. I would also bet that the return on investment would be significant.

I for one analyze how much I spend each season to determine if the season pass makes sense for me. I could have easily been persuaded if only the season had lasted a bit longer. I will still come out ahead this year but all it would take is a couple of more opportunities for me to get my money's worth and I would take the leap.

HA! Yes, of course, everyday is a fantastic day at Camelback if you listen to the Daves reports. Camelback is always a skier's shangri-la, no questions asked.

The only exaggerators as bad as CB are the folks at Killington. Killington peak could bust open and spew lava down the slopes and the Killington snow report would say something like "Spring-like conditions prevail today. Be prepared for BIG bumps! It's great out there!"