Whadda ..............

skidude

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, before you fixed it, it said "uphauling".....

NEVER!

anyway, back on subject...

the FIS should change, bode should not go out and start something new, it would NOT be good for the sport. I think a fanbase has been growing, with OLN providing more and more coverage, I think trying to break off would be detrimental to the sport of ski racing. He may have won, but that doesn't mean it's his turn to change the world.

Just some thoughts

Maybe he just wants to use this as way to beef up his sponsorship money. I believe it was said in the past (though I'm too lazy to find the thread) that Bode has been able to really work the sponship deals. Apparently he put a sign on his helmet saying rent me, or some such thing. This may be a move for him to see what sponsors are willing to step forward and fork over some big bucks in return for him competing in the olympics. He said right in the article "It's going to be a matter if I can re-motivate myself. I'm hoping I can find what it is that's going to push me to do the Olympics.'' I would imagine a big paycheck from a sponsor might be the right "motivation" he's looking for.

Or maybe this is his way of telling everyone :upyers. He never asked to bear the future of ski racing on his shoulders. It looks like he has no interest in doing whats "good" for ski racing, he has his own agenda and if the "good" of ski racing, the us team, fis, his fans or anyone else doesn't like it tough. This could very well be the ultimate way of saying you don't own me and none of you ever will. "There's coaches, fans, a lot of people who want me to do one thing or another, who attach themselves to your success."

Or... he's being honest. You shouldn't read into what he said at all. Quite frankly I like this one the best, but I don't know if thats realistic.

Anyways my two cents.

hes already gettting payd 5 million from atomic

He's obviously a guy with goals, if you've ever seen interviews with multi-millionaires, they don't ever think about the money they already have, they seem more concerned with how they can make that much more. They are overly goal focused, the loose track of what the point of having the money in the first place if for.

5 or 2 ---- either way, that is chump change when you think about how short a career or how much effort he has put in to get where he is at. Sometimes, to some people it's not about the money.. I really respect someone who thinks for themselves first, others second... Call it self centered if you will.

That guy thinks out of the box and I think that is cool!! Now for all you USSA/FIS guys, get back to your drills or give me twenty!! :wiggle

Showing kids it's okay to drink shots and beer the night before a ski race is a shitty example. A Bode tour? What's he going to do, race himself? Have Europeans turn out to watch him like a Harlem Globtrotter exhibition? What brought Bode to the top will send him to the bottom if he doesn't get a reality check. The moment Bode isn't winning on the World Cup, European fans will latch onto a new golden boy. And Benji Raich is all set to take over. If Ted Ligety starts winning---which he might---then Bode won't even be the coolest US guy on the tour.

Bode needs to World Cup; the World Cup doesn't need Bode Miller.

Basically if you read all the quotes about his success, everyone thinks he just has the muscle to overcome essentially poor skiing (not compared to MINE, of course). Lots of mistakes, lots of recoveries. The guy is not about precision, that's for sure. Raich, or my hero, Ingemar Stenmark, are really better skiers than he is.

Showing kids it's okay to drink shots and beer the night before a ski race is a shitty example.

that's right, it was you that i was talking to about that. On the "winter revololution" they showed bode, the night before a race, at his tech's house, chuggin beers. Now skidude will tell you, that is a reciepe for a very bad morning...right 'dude? :yes

that's right, it was you that i was talking to about that.  On the "winter revololution" they showed bode, the night before a race, at his tech's house, chuggin beers.  Now skidude will tell you, that is a reciepe for a very bad morning...right 'dude?  :yes

Umm you can handle that one...But I know he likes to drink before he meets 600 children who really want to meet him.

And on another "Bode on the Bus", they were doing shots in a bowling alley. A USSA kid would face suspension for just being at a party where other people were doing that.

Oh, that this were true. We've got a guy who drinks and gets stoned before races and no one has done a thing about it. He is the best skier on the team, too, a real "role model". But last I heard he was giving younger kids beers the night before a race. One of those kids tore an ACL the next day.