Jack Frost 1-13-2010

RidgeRacer

Hey all,

Just back from a wonderful afternoon session at Jackson Frost. I skied with my Brother who was out on the snow for the first time in two years. We pulled up to the lot under blue skies and sunshine. We decided to make our first run down Lehigh then over to Exhibition to warm up. The snow was the famous JFBB Packed Powder / cold smoke - excellent. We headed over through the gateway to East Mt and up the East Mt Lift for a Elevator Glade to Elevator Combo. My Brother was impressed with how steep Vader is. He stayed out of the Elevator Glade since he was a bit rusty but skied Vader successfully, which BTW is very skiable...the edges had no problem on it for the most part. The right (skier's right), not as steep side, of the Elevator has bumps forming and the steeper left side is flat for the most part - definitely more challenging if you enter it from the left side.

We moved on to the Challenge glade which is a leg burner if you make the short turns through the bumps / trees. We headed back over to East Mt for a run on Floyd's and back to the Elevator / E-Glade until almost closing time. Floyd's is really good right now. Overall it was another great day at JFBB.

Elevator Glade..

Photo0157.jpg

Elevator from the top...can't see the bottom!

Photo0158.jpg

Challenge Glade...

Photo0160.jpg

The sun sets on the Elevator...Another Great day.

Photo0161.jpg

No once you hit the bottom you have to turn to your left to avoid the trees between the bottom and floyds. But you can start on the right at top and traverse down and to your left across the face o the hill and shoot out onto the bottom of river shot carrying a lot of speed. But it's more fun to make linked turns down the face.

You'd need to head skiers left at the bottom otherwise you'd get folded in half straightlining it...

Michael (Serch) has straightlined it once or twice.... probably because he was going to fast to turn and it was his only option.

It's much better with turns though... I made 3 or 4 turns in the video I posted and it lasted a whopping 8 seconds from top to bottom going at it with speed.

Normally I try to make it last a little longer than that....straightlining it would take less time...

The elevator is defenetley better with turns than just going straight down, I normaly make a ouple of turns on the top throuhgout the middle of the trail then i normaly just gun it at the bottom of the trail. I find the elevator my favorite trail there. I am still trying to get the Elevator Glade run down. ill probley be able to do it at the end of the seaason succsesfully! Cant wait to back to JFBB!!