freestyle movies

Nipples

Not sure if I would classify them as "freestyle" but I really enjoy everything I've seen Warren Miller do. People can say whatever they want about him, but I really enjoy his view of the sports. Keeping on subject, there are plenty of freestyle portions to his films.

Ski Movie I, II, III, IV, There's Something about McConkey, Focused, Mind the Addiction, and of course all the other ones that have been mentioned. Oh yeah, Happy Happy is pretty good too (came in freeze magazine).

Edited by lurker

I only know snowboarding movies. Most of which have been disappointing lately.

My wife bought Chulksmack for me, very disappointing. Not enough backcountry stuff and dubious music choices. I've got a couple of older boarding DVD's called Arrival and Perception (I think), they're OK.

I like the Warren Miller stuff, most of my ski-ing pals have a lot of them but they have some good boarding sections.

Completely unrelated issue, I'm in China with work and have the weekend free before I head back. I'm going to fly north and find some snow :D:D I fear that rentals could be interesting.... :unsure:

My wife bought Chulksmack for me, very disappointing. 

I agree chulksmack was a let down. Again not nearly enough backcountry. There was all this hype and nothing in there really blew me away. The music for chulksmack was bad, but the music for lost in transition was 10 times worse. Got I hate techmo. :killyourself:

lineski knows whats up. 1242 is an amazing movie, both skiing wise and production wise. still my favorite ski movie, even though its a little older now. high 5 was my favorite this year, even though its mostly previously unknown skiers. its mostly jibs with some park and a few bc booters, but really well edited and good soundtrack for the most part (a lot of Zion I) and probably the best secret footage of any ski movie. i'm not really a fan of matchstick as of lately, their stuff is getting really repetitive, and i dont care to see people skiing backcountry lines, because i dont have the opportunity to do that here on the east coast. give me park and rails. as far as snowboarding movies, i really liked pop. the riding was sick, but you might not like the music so much. and good luck finding racing movies, i dont know that any are really made, that would get super boring watching people take the same line through a course every time, but thats just my opinion, i'm sure its fun to actually do.

probably the best secret footage of any ski movie.

i heard of a couple but i could only get the phone call one to work. the one where you watch the freeze ad then click over. i heard about one with watching luke van valin's part then fastfowarding the whole movie and clicking down but i couldnt get that to work. what other seceret stuff you know of? and whats the name of the intro song and the outro song you happen to know justo?

those are the only two i have found, but the luke van valin clip is oh so worth it. the intro song is zion i - trippin', i believe. the credits song i dont remember off the top of my head, i think its called save it for later, dont know who its by though

• 3 months later...
those are the only two i have found, but the luke van valin clip is oh so worth it. the intro song is zion i - trippin', i believe. the credits song i dont remember off the top of my head, i think its called save it for later, dont know who its by though

24027[/snapback]

Keeping this thread fresh since steezemachine hung out and skiied with Luke at COC