Wilmington News Journal Sports Article

Papasteeze

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, weren't you just saying you had major philosophical disputes with the Wilmington team? Maybe that's why they "haven't seen him ski" ...oh yeah, I guess they haven't seen him because they wouldn't allow him to ski for them.

In any event, good for Ridge to get some notoriety. And also kuddos for the infamous steezemachine. With all of the signatures from famous skiers on his t-shirt, he'll surely make it into the big time too...

lol, weren't you just saying you had major philosophical disputes with the Wilmington team? 

And also kuddos for the infamous steezemachine.  With all of the signatures from famous skiers on his t-shirt, he'll surely make it into the big time too...

The Wilmington Ski Club. It was my fault I didn't look into the club any deeper when I joined as a family several years ago. Each year, I was optimistic that they would have a family outing or more than one day trip on a weekend that us boys could participate in. The Coup'de tat was not allowing a club member to race within a team against other local teams, because of why??

I learned a lot this year, THERE IS a general stereotypical exclusionary aura that surrounds avid skiers and their teams and clubs. I decided that regardless of my personal feelings, indignation and resentment that I would mention our club affiliation since we are members, in hopes that other families with children would be encouraged to join. I like being different!! :woot

I did get a nice note of congratualtions from the captain of the WSC race team this morning. I replied that they should see us at an ASRA event or 2 next year, and, then I went on that they should change their gate training to BC utilizing Nastar instead of Spring Mountain........ :rolleyes:

I know that Steezemachine would love to have everyone sign his shirt as soon as he can. Hopefully he will read this and remember to bring it if the snow doesn't all melt for the May 13th thing at Bear Creek.

Can someone make this smiley work?

10_4_4v.gif

**Fixed the smiley for ya Rob, 'Dude**

Edited by skidude

I noticed right away it said "My best tricks are 720 (Degere spin) and a 540 in the half-pikes" instead of pipe it said pikes. By the way I landed my 1st 540 in the pipe at Hunter. Skidude as my witness. Anyone can sign my shirt.