The Big Air Bag

pcc25

we had a guy at keystone who was a lawyer in florida come up for vacation. he was sitting on the lift and some kids were smoking in the chair ahead. he gets back to our shop tells us about it. complains so loud and obnoxiously "I HAVE ASTHMA AND I COULDNT BREATHE. WEED IS ILLEGAL I WANT MY MONEY BACK!"

fag

• Like 1

we had a guy at keystone who was a lawyer in florida come up for vacation. he was sitting on the lift and some kids were smoking in the chair ahead. he gets back to our shop tells us about it. complains so loud and obnoxiously "I HAVE ASTHMA AND I COULDNT BREATHE. WEED IS ILLEGAL I WANT MY MONEY BACK!"

fag

wowowow, you've gotta respect peoples health, especially in a gondola. i don't care if people smoke in a gondi, but he was sitting on the side with no windows right next to jay and didn't even ask. even if he would've asked to switch sides so he could blow it out the window, i'm sure jay wouldn't have been pissed, but the guy was blowing his hits right in his face. i think jay got a little high from that :rofl

back to the issue at hand....TTMethod.

this is dumb. method, theyre not getting rid of the parks. yea barb might have hinted at it but she was probably just talking cause she has no idea about parks in the first place.

every single mountain in pa has some kind of park in place. its not going anywhere.

and if you really want to get into it, everyone up there - snowmakers, groomers, hand crew, management, the public - theyre all talking about moving the park. not getting rid of it.

I hear you. But, please don't shoot the messenger. I'm just quoting exactly what Barb said to me directly. I don't claim to be important or know what the future holds. All I can do is report what she said.

It's just sad that some people will insult strangers and attempt to make them look like liars simple because they post what an owner told them. Even worse, when the person attacked politely and logically offers to remove all question and just get all parties on the phone, the offer gets ignored and the bashing contniues.

I just got off the phone with another PASR and we talked about this this thread and how it reminds us both how lame things have become around here and why we have lost interest in this site. I had the almost the same discussion with some other PASRs I rode with last nite. I am grateful for all the information found here and the friendships I have made through this site. But some of the reglar "posters" make's this site a chore to deal with because of their immature drama.

Edited by Method

look, they need a new trail or need to do some SERIOUS tree/grade work on trails that already exist. but if youre gonna do that much work you might as well just make a new trail. when they made the hill they definitely were not thinking about parks its obvious. its just not a place that has a good spot for a full scale park. and now its hurting the forward progress of a dope park system :(

• Like 1

I hear you. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just quoting exactly what Barb said to me directly. I don't claim to be important or know what the future holds. All I can do is report what she said.

It's just sad that some people will insult strangers and attempt to make them look like liars simple because they post a statement from an owner. Even worse, when the person attacked politely and logically offers to remove all question and just get parties on the phone, the offer gets ignored and the bashing contniues.

I just got off the phone with another PASR. This thread reminds us both how lame things have become around here and why we have lost interest in this site. I am grateful for all the information found here and the friendships I have made through this site. But some of the rglar "posters" make's this site a chore to deal with because of their immature drama.

LOL Shut the fuck up. We banned you, and you still texted Greg every day asking to be unbanned, and now you come back and instantly start posting how you know everyone. Ever since we banned you, PASR has been much more civilized and polite. It's been night and day. I'm going to let you fight with everyone a little and then ban you again. It's been fun. You made my day!

and ttmethod, if you dont like the content of this site start posting more relevant shit instead of trying to fight with everyone. people have fun on this site, joke around, ski together, talk about issues on their respective mountain... all you do is complain about everyone on it.

• Like 2

Well Ashy, since you might be the only one staking on topic, I'll address this to you. I hope Barb was just spewing whatever was ont he top of her head that day and is not going to kill the parks at Blue. I think that would be horrible for Blue and the PA scene in general. Choice is good. COmpetition should make all the competing terrain parks better. If Blue kills their parks, everyone loses.

I'm sure getting banned had nothing to do with it :confused

Airbags posting in an airbag thread. :lol: It's pathetic to see so many people posting reandom negative shit in a thread about features that they don't (can't) even ride. The definition of trolling.

Edited by Method

It's pathetic to see so many people posting negatively in a thread about features that they don't (can't) even ride.

its all the feedback blue gets though. people who dont ride it. thats why blue has a serious misconception of what should actually be done to improve things. but again, all the feedback comes from gapers who are trying to change things they cant even do, like you said. its just the way it is.

and i havent met barb, but from what everyone talks about her - she seems like she has the final word in what goes down - just doesnt know what to do and is getting so many issues brought up from people. overwhelmed maybe?

seems like we need to convince her to do things, not tell her.

Airbags posting about airbags. :lol: It's pathetic to see so many people posting negatively in a thread about features that they don't (can't) even ride.

Don't...not can't. Good to see your are still an asshole. Somehow, I knew you'd be back.

I just got off the phone with another PASR...

This is incorrect. Since you you are actually not a PASR member, you could say "I just got off the phone with a guy who posts on PASR...".

• Like 1

Barb is really cool and the new management is doing well..the majority of the skiers and riders at Blue are happy...if they can build better booters and takeout some of the circus rails..people will be happy..

exactly.

i really feel like sidewinder is a fine trail for a park. its what we got at the moment anyway. they just dont know how to lay it out according to the type of trail.

• Like 1

-How many people posting in this thread will even throw anything off of a jump that they would acutally use an airbag for progression?

-How many people in this thread actually ride freestyle features and cares about the future of the park scene at Blue and in PA?

If both of the above do not apply to you, do you really think you should be posting in this thread? If so, why?

Edited by TTMethod

ttmethod, if you owned a mountain and the only feedback you got were from people like you describe would you try and listen to them? take their ideas into account? or say fuck it you dont know what youre talking about, i dont want their business and dont care what they think. that would be the end of your mountain for that 90 percentile of people. which would ultimately be the end of the mountain all together.

thats why barb needs some kind of direction. rice is head of the parks and he really is doing nothing to make barb realize what she needs to do for a succesful park. no offense rice, but for real. when keith was working there he at least tried to make an effort with management.

Edited by AshyToClassy
  • Like 1

look, they need a new trail or need to do some SERIOUS tree/grade work on trails that already exist. but if youre gonna do that much work you might as well just make a new trail. when they made the hill they definitely were not thinking about parks its obvious. its just not a place that has a good spot for a full scale park. and now its hurting the forward progress of a dope park system :(

ttmethod, if you owned a mountain and the only feedback you got were from people like you describe would you try and listen to them? take their ideas into account? or say fuck it you dont know what youre talking about, i dont want their business and dont care what they think. that would be the end of your mountain for that 90 percentile of people. which would ultimately be the end of the mountain all together.

thats why barb needs some kind of direction. rice is head of the parks and he really is doing nothing to make barb realize what she needs to do for a succesful park. no offense rice, but for real. when keith was working there he at least tried to make an effort with management.

It's nice to see someone who knows what they are talking about posting an honest assessment on here for a change. The SAME thing has been posted on here many times. But, the kids that can't ride park, or the those that are blindly loyal to Blue, will argue against logic and then resort to personally attacking people.

Edited by TTMethod

i can't assume that rice isnt trying without knowing the facts. he could just be getting shut down. who knows. i really dont have any complaints with the park this year anyway. its been decent almost all year.

i can't assume that rice isnt trying without knowing the facts. he could just be getting shut down. who knows. i really dont have any complaints with the park this year anyway. its been decent almost all year.

I'm not going to get into it here because it's simply not worth it. But, just as an example of only one issue: EVERYONE I rode with at Blue, or talked to this year, told me that they can't spin all 3 jumps. Frankly, how many can hit the sweet spot on all three jumps, in a row, in the same run?

• Like 1