Park Report. How's it holding up? Maintenance?

TT C6

I have some friends going up the next 3 days and was considering riding.

-Any scheduled maintenance I should know about to help me decide what days to go? (park closure, rebuilds, etc)

-How is everything holding up?

-Is snow/speed becoming an issue?

Thanks.

My guess would be with the temps still in the upper 20's at night and hitting upper 40's and lower 50's during the day things will be perfect and firm in the morning and soften quickly as the day goes on..... Get up there early if you want solid fast run ins and lips.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE
  • Like 1

I have some friends going up the next 3 days and was considering riding.

-Any scheduled maintenance I should know about to help me decide what days to go? (park closure, rebuilds, etc)

-How is everything holding up?

-Is snow/speed becoming an issue?

Thanks.

depends what you like to do. you don't really like rails, right? rails on sidewinder have, for the most part, been pretty well maintained. i was told central got the axe as of today, so i don't know what's in there right now. lower park jumps are tiny, and the two on come around are no bigger. 2nd jump in the jumpline on sidewinder is decently shaped, but small. my best guess would be the biggest jump right now is 30 feet, maybe, but that might be a bit of a stretch. that said, yesterday was one of the most fun days i've had up there this year, because the soft snow doesnt hurt nearly as bad when you land on your head/side/hip/etc like i was doing trying hand drags and other stupid crap. the knuckle of the 3rd jump is awesome for hand drags, by the way, but it's not so great for actually hitting as a jump.

Thanks Justo.

Whatsup with the 1st jump? I assume with the slower snow most boarders choose to hit #2 only -or- hit #1, skip #2, and then barely clear #3?

I prefer to spend my time lapping the 3 jumps at the top of sidewinder with a few boxes for variety.Based on that, do you think it's worth heading up?

Edited by TT C6

park was a ton of fun today. lips on everything were great. central park rebuild is going on right now. everything else is open. you are stupid if you show up after 11 on a 55 degree day and expect good conditions in the park so go early. impossible to maintain after that. the jumps were fine this morning and kinda fun, but short. well built nonetheless. rails were prime. super slow snow as the day went on, so after 11, laps on challenge bumps were the way to go.

Thanks Justo.

Whatsup with the 1st jump? I assume the slower snow only allows most boarders to hit 2 only or skip 2 so they can hit 1 and barely make 3?

I prefer to spend my time lapping the 3 jumps at the top of sidewinder with a few boxes for variety. In light of that, do you think it's worth heading up?

first jump is small. but you can still go from jump to jump without an issue. i did all day without any issues at all, other than having too much speed. if you are looking to hit something larger than 30-35ft, i'd go elsewhere.

Thanks for the replies. So, a 8:30 - 11:30 am is the call for the park.

If you were doing a PM session from Philly, what hours would you suggest riding this week?

nothing later than 6pm because thats when its gonna start setting up and getting shittay. i wouldn't even go.

Thanks for the replies. So, a 8:30 - 11:30 am is the call for the park.

If you were doing a PM session from Philly, what hours would you suggest riding this week?

if i had to pick a day, it would be wednesday. it's not supposed to get as cold wednesday night as it is tonight or tomorrow, so the freeze should happen a bit later. i might be heading to bear wednesday night if my knee feels alright.

if i had to pick a day, it would be wednesday. it's not supposed to get as cold wednesday night as it is tonight or tomorrow, so the freeze should happen a bit later. i might be heading to bear wednesday night if my knee feels alright.

i might be interested in this.

Thanks Justo.

Whatsup with the 1st jump? I assume with the slower snow most boarders choose to hit #2 only -or- hit #1, skip #2, and then barely clear #3?

I prefer to spend my time lapping the 3 jumps at the top of sidewinder with a few boxes for variety.Based on that, do you think it's worth heading up?

No way would you skip the first jump based on lack of speed. It was quite easy to clear and last thursday the temp was 48F when I was hitting it. I was dropping from right above the DFD box, just have to be smooth on your turn into it and you'll be fine. The 2nd jump is the biggest of the three and if it were 20' lip to knuckle I'd be surprised, that one was more of a struggle for me on some runs if you scrub speed off the first even a little it was unhittable, but if you skip it you can get the 3rd pretty much no matter what happend on the 1st.

But - those are the only 3 jumps at Blue. The jumps in Come around and down in the lower park are rollers with pointy tops - if that.

IMO the parks and rail have been in pretty good shape this year. The Park Cru is usually always working on something, and it's not like in past years with one doing work and the others watching.

But the snow is dirty so it's not worth the time and money right? :nana

IMO the parks and rail have been in pretty good shape this year. The Park Cru is usually always working on something, and it's not like in past years with one doing work and the others watching.

My perception has been the exact opposite. I feel like it's pretty much been a park reminiscent of what you used to see circa 2002 or so (although the jumps were quite good for a midseason stretch there).

• Like 2

Yeah Park got pretty beat. All of the rails are still in good shape for the most part, but the cbox lip is gone in like 2 hours from opening. Jump line is tiny as expected. The first jump could be considered a roller, the second pushes about 20ft maybe, and the third is a little smaller than the second. Speed has not been an issue at all in the warm weather. You can drop from the landing on the second and spin the third if you wanted. I personally say second is the best though, cause the landing on the third turns to chop real fast. This soft snow makes it prime to learn new stuff.