JF TR 3/21

C1erArt

Today was a really great closing day at Jack Frost. I met up with JFSkiDan a little after 8. We started off with a really fast run down T Bolt. The snow was extremely fast and firm in the morning. We made a few runs down east and decided to pass on the elevator until things softened up. Shortly thereafter, we met up with Phillycore and Serch and we made a run down a bumped up Floyd's. C1er stopped by to say hello and we made our way to the Elevator then over to the challenge glade which was the run of the day. There's still lots of snow left in the trees all the way down. After a few more runs down exhibition and Thunderbolt, it was back over to East where I made my final Jack Frost run of the season, fittingly, on the Elevator which had a narrow path on the steepest section that is still skiable. I then had to bail around 10:30.

Many thanks to JFBB for your hard work in bringing back the Elevator this season and thinning out the trees on various parts of the mountain. It was definitely much appreciated.

was a real nice day overall to end the season at frost.

our first runs of the day we were able to hit ballistic speeds.

challenge glade still had tons of snow in it, as you could tell by the holes around the trees.

elevator skied nice and smooth.

at 11:30 PC, Serch and myself made ballistic speed over to the cantina for the passholders party.

food was very good, and plentiful.

JAHHDIP

• Like 1

Looks like we are not getting another week - they lost a lot of snow since Friday (even with r_a_d_i_a_t_i_o_n_a_l cooling overnight).

Did the elevator a couple of times, did Floyds, ran the season pass holders race (didn't wait around for the results, so I can delude myself that I did pretty well), after they opened Challenge ran the glades several times (amazing that for the whole season, no trees jumped out in front of me), and spent the rest of the time on Exhibition bumps (pretty small now, just my style).

Grabbed some chicken and pierogies (only in the coal country of PA would you find pierogies at a ski area - they are more popular than french fries at the local high school football game) and hit the road. 68 degrees when I left. Time to put storage wax on the skis (may stop at BB before it closes, though). Got our passes for next year, going to be a long wait.

B A L L I S T I C !

Balistically ballistic speeds were to be had today the the Jackson Frost Resort and ski-ery.

Can't say I made it over to Lehigh, but I am sure I would've needed a parachute to slow down at the bottom.

The temps were el numero primo for some spring corn snow shuckin wit dem JFBB PASR boyeeeeeeezzzz in da hoodies.

So I brought out the lime green pants with the monster hoodie so I'd fit right in. I was expecting a massive dump

so the big 115 waisted skis were mandatory. It was in the 60's today so I just knew it was a comin'

made my first run down Thunderbolt at ballistic speeds on the frozen cord... did I just say frozen??

Hell if I know but that chit was frozen and ballistically fast like mach 5 speeds.... wait no that's my razor, nevermind that

it was fast ok? After that met up with the Double D PE crew at the bottom of the east mountain inclinator which apparently is still

stopping for 15 minute intervals so you can take aerial photos. After arriving at the top of the poconos slowest double chair accessing

double black terrain we made our way down to the elevator...

HOLD UP A DAMN MINUTE!!

Did I just say that?? Hell yeah I did the Elevator on March 21st closing day of Jackson Frost....we were skiing the Elevator and it was

SICK!! It skied nicer today than it has most of the season even with the technical section 100 feet into the massive descent.

I think it might have taken me a serious 10 seconds to navigate today. Those extra 2 seconds spent tearing that shit up like some watergate tapes

was ohhhhhh so worth it!!

Then we went down Sir Floyd's Folly chicken n biskit factory loaded with big piles of frozen mash taters... lumpy mashed taters son...

I can't ski moguls fer nuttin as it is and the big stix weren't making things much easier fo damn sho, but it was fun.

Onto challenge glade which is like visiting Dirty Jerzey with the branches and 2 foot tree holes making it the best damn gladed obstacle course in Pok en Hoes son...

Wait, that's right....it's the ONLY gladed area skiable in the Pokies and was like butter (not no parkay, not no margerine, like buttah baby) schmooooove.

Exhibition bumps were slow n low like the beastie boys..... put a training bra on them mofo's.

At around 11:30 we headed over to the passholders part-HAAAAYYY and grubbed down on some Baked chicked, salad, Manly man-wich, chips and salsa, per-hoagies (or rabidoli's if you dunno wtf a perogi is) some pepsi cola, and of course some dippin dots.

After the grubby grub we headed to Big Jacks so Mike could get himself a patch and I picked up that JFBB sticker for my ride that I promised when the folks over at Peak made our little Elevator project a reality. Got to live up to my end of the dealeo... Proudly slapped dat shiznit on da rear glass in the parking lot and rolled like a donut. The PO-PO were in Adam Lambert mode today (what do you want from me, I'm only doin 85 osssifer.) and the po-po meter was flashin red and beepin all the ride home so we had to slow things down to a mere 75, but it was all good as I had me some extra time to think about how damn good this season was.

Thanks to JFBB for the Elevator, Elevator glade and once again making me a PROUD season passholder yet again.

Wouldn't have been the same without my main man Dom and Dan always keepin things real.

And of course my son Mike for making me feel like a cool dad by wanting to ski with me all season.

This ones for the record books fella'z

Great Times, Good Friends, and Priceless conditions.

Can't ask for more than that....

okay well maybe except a high speed lift on east mountain

oh yeah and that dump...... that came when I got home after digesting that mid morning meal at the JFBB cantina.

I knew it was going to dump today!!

only at JFBB people... get your passes for 2010-2011

(damn now I just need to get me some coin so I can buy ours....lol)

Edited by phillycore
  • Like 1

B A L L I S T I C !

Balistically ballistic speeds were to be had today the the Jackson Frost Resort and ski-ery.

Can't say I made it over to Lehigh, but I am sure I would've needed a parachute to slow down at the bottom.

The temps were el numero primo for some spring corn snow shuckin wit dem JFBB PASR boyeeeeeeezzzz in da hoodies.

So I brought out the lime green pants with the monster hoodie so I'd fit right in. I was expecting a massive dump

so the big 115 waisted skis were mandatory. It was in the 60's today so I just knew it was a comin'

made my first run down Thunderbolt at ballistic speeds on the frozen cord... did I just say frozen??

Hell if I know but that chit was frozen and ballistically fast like mach 5 speeds.... wait no that's my razor, nevermind that

it was fast ok? After that met up with the Double D PE crew at the bottom of the east mountain inclinator which apparently is still

stopping for 15 minute intervals so you can take aerial photos. After arriving at the top of the poconos slowest double chair accessing

double black terrain we made our way down to the elevator...

HOLD UP A DAMN MINUTE!!

Did I just say that?? Hell yeah I did the Elevator on March 21st closing day of Jackson Frost....we were skiing the Elevator and it was

SICK!! It skied nicer today than it has most of the season even with the technical section 100 feet into the massive descent.

I think it might have taken me a serious 10 seconds to navigate today. Those extra 2 seconds spent tearing that shit up like some watergate tapes

was ohhhhhh so worth it!!

Then we went down Sir Floyd's Folly chicken n biskit factory loaded with big piles of frozen mash taters... lumpy mashed taters son...

I can't ski moguls fer nuttin as it is and the big stix weren't making things much easier fo damn sho, but it was fun.

Onto challenge glade which is like visiting Dirty Jerzey with the branches and 2 foot tree holes making it the best damn gladed obstacle course in Pok en Hoes son...

Wait, that's right....it's the ONLY gladed area skiable in the Pokies and was like butter (not no parkay, not no margerine, like buttah baby) schmooooove.

Exhibition bumps were slow n low like the beastie boys..... put a training bra on them mofo's.

At around 11:30 we headed over to the passholders part-HAAAAYYY and grubbed down on some Baked chicked, salad, Manly man-wich, chips and salsa, per-hoagies (or rabidoli's if you dunno wtf a perogi is) some pepsi cola, and of course some dippin dots.

After the grubby grub we headed to Big Jacks so Mike could get himself a patch and I picked up that JFBB sticker for my ride that I promised when the folks over at Peak made our little Elevator project a reality. Got to live up to my end of the dealeo... Proudly slapped dat shiznit on da rear glass in the parking lot and rolled like a donut. The PO-PO were in Adam Lambert mode today (what do you want from me, I'm only doin 85 osssifer.) and the po-po meter was flashin red and beepin all the ride home so we had to slow things down to a mere 75, but it was all good as I had me some extra time to think about how damn good this season was.

Thanks to JFBB for the Elevator, Elevator glade and once again making me a PROUD season passholder yet again.

Wouldn't have been the same without my main man Dom and Dan always keepin things real.

And of course my son Mike for making me feel like a cool dad by wanting to ski with me all season.

This ones for the record books fella'z

Great Times, Good Friends, and Priceless conditions.

Can't ask for more than that....

okay well maybe except a high speed lift on east mountain

Wow...what did I miss at that pass holders party? :rofl I nominate this for TR of the century.

Just got done tearing my boots apart (inner boot, sole, and foot bed) to dry them out completely, after three days of near 70 temps. I waited until 10 for the snow to soften up and stayed until 4. Ended up with a sunburn because the forecast was wrong... I skipped the sunblock because it was cloudy when I left and wasn't supposed to get better. The food at the party was excellent. Had two helpings of chicken, pierogies, and barbeque. It was another great year, due to all of the staff at JF. They make you feel welcome and take their time to get to know you by name.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Wow...what did I miss at that pass holders party? :rofl I nominate this for TR of the century.

Just some good conversation, plentiful food choices and some morons who think pierogis are raviolis aside from the 2 or 3 people who fell on their face entering or exiting. (Dan the Man got us some primo seats on the lido deck for that action!!)

I saw this right before I met up with you guys in the am though...

24848_1142659905390_1794250993_283787_5849388_n.jpg

Yes people that is GRAVEL!! and those ARE Sweatpants What a tool

Edited by phillycore
  • Like 1

kool-aid. we all had some.

good times at jack frost this year for sure, great people to ski with, and if you really think about it the weather was pretty good this year. the liberal ski policy at JFBB definetly sets it apart, and the efforts they made for this season with the elevator, e-glade, etc, really makes everyday something different.

the PASR day probably couldnt have been held on a better day, thanks to a nice dump for 2 days prior. that was a great day spent with some really cool people.

it seems like just last week we were all waiting for word of BB to open one little tiny slope for everyone in eastern PA to ski on. seems like the best season of the year goes by so fast.

John must have doubled up on the kool-aid - funniest thing i've read in a while.

I saw this right before I met up with you guys in the am though...

24848_1142659905390_1794250993_283787_5849388_n.jpg

Yes people that is GRAVEL!! and those ARE Sweatpants What a tool

i think thats a quick stone grind on the bases, right?