Closing Day Edit

Justo8484

beat me to it.

root, it's all gopro footage, so it comes off the card as h.264 .mp4 files. i then take the clips i want to use into MPEG Streamclip and convert them to AIC .mov files to bring in to final cut pro 6. export to quicktime from final cut pro at full 1080i resolution, then take into compressor and run a compression setting i figured out to work well for Vimeo to drop the filesize to about 10% of the original. now that i got the workflow figured out, i guess i should work on our footage from utah, huh?

beat me to it.

root, it's all gopro footage, so it comes off the card as h.264 .mp4 files. i then take the clips i want to use into MPEG Streamclip and convert them to AIC .mov files to bring in to final cut pro 6. export to quicktime from final cut pro at full 1080i resolution, then take into compressor and run a compression setting i figured out to work well for Vimeo to drop the filesize to about 10% of the original. now that i got the workflow figured out, i guess i should work on our footage from utah, huh?

I'm really thinking about getting a GoPro. I'm impressed with that video. I don't have a mac, so I guess I'm off to work out a PC workflow. Do you run the video through any image stabilization software?

None in stock except for the floor demo. Bummer.

ask em to give you a discount on the floor demo. and definitely go with the kingston 16gb class 4 card. it's been proven by the gopro folks to work with the camera, whereas a bunch of other cards are a bit fussy. i've had no issues with mine yet. MPEG Stramclip works on a PC as well, but you might have better luck pulling a h.264 .mp4 straight in to adobe premiere, although i'm not sure. you're going to want premiere, i don't think windows movie maker can even work with 1080i video. i used pinnacle studio in the past, but i've read mixed reviews about working with gopro footy using it, although ultimately if you convert it to the proper format before editing, you shouldnt have a problem. the mac workflow is awesome though, because once you convert it to AIC, it's in native final cut video format, so it doesn't have to preview render anything, it all just works. speeds up the editing process times 100.

ask em to give you a discount on the floor demo. and definitely go with the kingston 16gb class 4 card. it's been proven by the gopro folks to work with the camera, whereas a bunch of other cards are a bit fussy. i've had no issues with mine yet. MPEG Stramclip works on a PC as well, but you might have better luck pulling a h.264 .mp4 straight in to adobe premiere, although i'm not sure. you're going to want premiere, i don't think windows movie maker can even work with 1080i video. i used pinnacle studio in the past, but i've read mixed reviews about working with gopro footy using it, although ultimately if you convert it to the proper format before editing, you shouldnt have a problem. the mac workflow is awesome though, because once you convert it to AIC, it's in native final cut video format, so it doesn't have to preview render anything, it all just works. speeds up the editing process times 100.

They won't discount it twice (there's a member's 20% off coupon vaild until 4/18). I asked her what they would take off for a floor model and she told me usually only up to 15%, if it's been used. She said this one hasn't been used but with something like this, I don't think I want to go with the demo anyway.

I was reading on a gopro board last night about the kingston class 4 cards, but wasn't sure if I should go modest with a 16 or go with the full blown 32. I also downloaded Adobe Premiere last night.

They won't discount it twice (there's a member's 20% off coupon vaild until 4/18). I asked her what they would take off for a floor model and she told me usually only up to 15%, if it's been used. She said this one hasn't been used but with something like this, I don't think I want to go with the demo anyway.

I was reading on a gopro board last night about the kingston class 4 cards, but wasn't sure if I should go modest with a 16 or go with the full blown 32. I also downloaded Adobe Premiere last night.

the battery doesnt last long enough to fill a 32gb card, so unless you plan on having the thing out in the woods for a few days with no access to a computer to dump your footage, save the money and get the 16gb. it holds about 2.5 hours of footage. i think we only filled it one day when we were in utah, and filming park at blue i haven't even come close to filling it.