Sno Mountain Improvements

Poconos

Haven't heard or seen anything yet. Hopefully some of the Sno regulars have a little inside info on their season pass brochures? I am sure they are out by now? The financial state of Sno Mountain has been in question here since the waterpark fiasco a couple years ago... Nobody really knows how they are doing...

Haven't heard or seen anything yet. Hopefully some of the Sno regulars have a little inside info on their season pass brochures? I am sure they are out by now? The financial state of Sno Mountain has been in question here since the waterpark fiasco a couple years ago... Nobody really knows how they are doing...

This was just in the paper

My link

Company files $846,206 mechanics lien against Sn

• Like 1

They had this same problem with a different supplier several years ago... I think they will pull out of it... I would be pissed if they ran a ski resort into the ground using 19 million on a water park... I know it will help long term sustainability, but what a letdown that would be...

Peaks can buy the mountain and bring the mountain into the 21st century..

serious lulz, Peak is on ok shape because they picked up Mt Snow and Attitash on the cheap when ASC shit the bed. They are not immune to the long term metrics of the ski industry which is that in the last 20 years 90% of the industry is a real estate deal.

Very few hills actually make their money from skiing, shit Bridger, Alta, Mad River and a few others. I love those hills they are my kinda places but they have serious financial constraints. Add in that 90% of the skiing world is focused on base lodge amenities and how many high speed lifts you have rather than if operations and infrastructure are sustainable and you can ski how the resort side of snow sports is at a very interesting cross road.

..and hopefully a ski resort company like Peaks can buy the mountain and bring the mountain into the 21st century..

I'm thinking that SnowTime,Inc will pick it up at a fire sale price. Peak Resorts picked up enough areas recently to keep them busy for a few years.

If Sno has enough capital to hang on for 2 to 3 years they may make it. If SnowTime or Peaks aren't interested, and the price drops low enough, Camelback may buy them. If the Tea Partiers get in, it will tank with the rest of economy and close.