Skierforever: "Ski racing is dying out"

sibhusky

If you live in dense housing, with resonably young people around you (dorms come to mind) you can usually find MANY tototally unsecured wireless AP's. Of course it is illegal to connect to them if you are not authorized. Kind of like using that lawnmower that is just sitting the back of your neighboors yard, and not even refilling the gas!

My school is installing campus wide wireless access for this coming year. Should be a good time, especially with the track record our IT department has...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live in a 16 house spread out development, and still found three connetions

(We have and use our own connection, as does my cousin)

... and yet I can't connect to the AP INSIDE MY OWN HOUSE. :banghead

Thats cool you have those options though. If nothing else it's a nice diagnostic test to see if the ISP went down or just your router/modem/etc

To get a better time...more seasoned racers like Atomic Jeff and Ski...knock into the gates while I ski around them...

Fastest way down the course is to shin the GS gates Doug...Try to get the inside part of the gate with the top of your boot :devil:

Just ski fast, and try to get your line tighter (and I'm just taking a random guess saying it should also be higher up the hill too) and when your line is right and your going fast, the gates will basiclly hit your sholders...You shouldn't try to do it.

Unless its slalom, in that case, contact with plastic is a goal at all costs :woot

You might just want to hit reliableracing.com for a suit, Doug. Ski shops in this region generally get a couple of large junior suits in and that's it. Not big sellers. EBay's not a great source for suits, although I have bought a few from there. You have to get lucky for eBay to have anything worthwhile, which is surprising since there are so many NASTAR kids with suits---and kids grow out of them in a season.