Props to ARAMADA

Papasteeze

I was just pleasantly surprised by the folks at Armada today.

To those of you who have seen Steezemachines damage after a few days on the slopes should be able to relate to this..

Due to the amount of damage in 8 days of skiing, I thought it would be smart to make sure he goes to BC with an extra set. At the rate he is destroying his skis, I doubt that they would make it 2 more weeks.

SO, While inquiring at our local ski shop (Ski Bum in Chadds Ford - ask for Dwayne, tell em Rob sent ya :ph34r: ) about the cost of another set and commenting on the damage, they (Aramda) offered to REPLACE his current set and comp another set in preparation for his trip!!!

Props to Aramda!!

I am not sure why the top sheet is so fragile on the AR3 but I can tell you that they stand behind their product and the Steezemachine really likes them.. Demo a set next year and let us know what you think.

I was just pleasantly surprised by the folks at Armada today.

To those of you who have seen Steezemachines damage after a few days on the slopes should be able to relate to this..

Due to the amount of damage in 8 days of skiing, I thought it would be smart to make sure he goes to BC with an extra set. At the rate he is destroying his skis, I doubt that they would make it 2 more weeks.

SO, While inquiring at our local ski shop (Ski Bum in Chadds Ford - ask for Dwayne, tell em Rob sent ya :ph34r: )  about the cost of another set and commenting on the damage, they (Aramda) offered to REPLACE his current set and comp another set in preparation for his trip!!! 

Props to Aramda!! 

I am not sure why the top sheet is so fragile on the AR3 but I can tell you that they stand behind their product and the Steezemachine really likes them.. Demo a set next year and let us know what you think.

25468[/snapback]

uh free atomics, free armadas? wtf? where are my free skis. :confused

Loyalty is a 2-way street, hand carrying new customers into "my" shop, lots of personal patronage and promotion also get some rewards. The shop owners do have the connections. It also helps to have (high visibilty) kids in both disciplines who speak the language. IMO kids ultimately drive the skiing markets. For example, I doubt I will ever get anything for me, for free, matter of fact, they probably would charge me double, just to have to deal with me. Not that I have recently bought anything for myself <_<

25468[/snapback]

the AR3 is a little kids ski and only goes up to a size 150. armada makes a nice ski, im thinking of buying the arv or the ar5 next year.

the AR3 is a little kids ski and only goes up to a size 150.  armada makes a nice ski, im thinking of buying the arv or the ar5 next year.

25512[/snapback]

Thats probably why the Steeze is trashing the AR3, it wasn't designed for the stuff he is pulling :rock You'll have to take a look at them if you come to BC. Interesting enough they are wood core, like LINE!

Also, I think his are from '04, so being the end of the season, they are giving em away..

Props to Aramda!! 

25468[/snapback]

Wait a sec...they make a fragile, piece of shit junior version, but get props for throwing a free set your way?

What was that car that used to explode from rear impact?

Wait a sec...they make a fragile, piece of shit junior version, but get props for throwing a free set your way?

What was that car that used to explode from rear impact?

25518[/snapback]

Fragile is subjective compared to the abuse steeze throws at them. Granted other skis hold up better but they don't perform as well. Comp a Mercedes and a Ferrari.. Ferrari would never offer replacement or free repairs nor would mercedes for that matter..

I was going to buy an extra pair for steven for his trip to BC this summer and asked about what I could do to repair the use and abuse damage to the top sheet, I repeat, I was pleasantly surprised when they offered to replace that set plus comp another.

Rather that calling them a fragile junior piece of shit, I tried another approach.. Try some honey dude, it works!!

Edited by Papasteeze

So he's doing more radical things to his skis than the USSA junior freestyle program kids? Durability beyond 8 days is a measure of performance. If a ski loses integrity after a week, then there's a real problem.

Rob, I'm just not into the honey and kissing-ass-to-get-something approach. Nor am I into taking my daughter skiing and watching grown ups working on their technique and then later making shitty, snide remarks to that grown ups friends. But I wish you all the best with your particular approach.

Aramada isn't the only company that does this sort of thing. Most, if not all, snowboarding companies offer warranty on boards. Last season I went through 4 Burton Dominants and got all of them replaced, just had to pay for shipping (40$). All I know about Aramada is that they're ridiculously overpriced, not durable at all, and pretty much only exist because they've got Tanner backing them. Bad combos, if you ask me. I'm glad that you got some free stuff out of them but I'm going to suggest switching to another company. It worked for me*.

* Burton makes some good boards, but the dominants, in my opinion, are shit. Sure, they're a blast to ride, but after you snap the nose/tail off 5 of them in less than 100 days riding you get pretty tired of worrying wether or not your brand new board is going to make it to the end of the month. Made a switch to Jeenyus and havn't had any problems yet (25 days on the board and no funny cracking noises, no stress cracks, no internal cracks).

as much as i support armada for all they do for our industry, i think their skis are crap. i skiied the 170 and 176 ar5's and they felt like i was skiing on 2x4s. they are notorious for topsheet chipping, but this will happen with any sidewall ski. it has happened on my 4frnts, but it doesnt affect performance at all. also, the ar3 is produced to the same specs as an adult ski, just in a more junior friendly version i.e. shorter and easier to flex for smaller kids. it's no less of a ski than any other ski on the wall. was their any edge damage to his skis? if it was only topsheet chipping, he really has nothing to worry about. i have a pair of 1080s currently that have about 4 feet total edge gone. yeah, they are foam core, super flexy, and cant hold an edge for crap, but they kill it in the park just because they take a beating and just dont die. so sorry, but whoever said salomon is going back to wood core, nope, not for next year at least, the thruster is the same as the current 1080, and the foil is a new core, a type of honeycomb sort of thing, but definately not full wood core.

as much as i support armada for all they do for our industry, i think their skis are crap.  they are notorious for topsheet chipping, but this will happen with any sidewall ski. it has happened on my 4frnts, but it doesnt affect performance at all. also, the ar3 is produced to the same specs as an adult ski, just in a more junior friendly version i.e. shorter and easier to flex for smaller kids. it's no less of a ski than any other ski on the wall. was their any edge damage to his skis?

25545[/snapback]

There are 4 distinct 1 inch gouges that have removed enough of the topsheet to see the wood core beneath. I was told that water could get under and cause more damage, the fix is to epoxy over the damaged areas. I just looked at the edge and they seem to be holding up really well and surprisingly still sharp at the waist. Where are the 4frnt dealers around here? I found one Binginghamton

So he's doing more radical things to his skis than the USSA junior freestyle program kids?

25533[/snapback]

Apparently - there aren't any 11 year old freestylers registered. the ones I could find don't look to be at the level he is.. It's hard to tell. :nana

if the damage to the topsheet is down to the core, then yeah, thats a different story entirely. from what you said i thought it was just normal topsheet chipping and such, which isnt really a problem. thats good that the edges are still holding well. as for 4FRNT dealers, nestors is supposed to be carrying them next season. mostly just STLs, but possibly a few pairs of MSPs as well. the STL would probably work out better for steven anyway though.