NYC Area Mountains or Closest?

putbadstuffhere13

Hi. Thanks for reading this. My girlfriend moved up to NYC (Queens to be exact) and I may end up following her but for now, is there anywhere I can go to around NYC?

I am from Philadelphia and have enjoyed the Poconos (Blue, Bear, Camel) and would like something similar in distance, etc.

I am looking for any advice of what boarders/skiers do around NYC area besides going all the way to VT.

Steeze hit the nail on the head... Mountain Creek is a shitshow... Take your life in your own hands going there... Good park scene though... Skillz are way better then the Poke n Hoes as Steeze likes to call them... Probably the same distance... Go there...

Mountain Creek NJ is the closest along with Hidden Valley. The catskills...Hunter Windham and Belleayre are next closest and then Massachusettes.

The catskills are 2-2.5 hrs from NYC and better than the poconos.

thanks GRILLED! have you heard of this place called THUNDER RIDGE? supposedly it's accessible via metro.

http://thunderridgeski.com/

campgaw is super tiny, but really close to nyc. it was only about 15 minutes from montclair state when i went there. Apparently they have a park crew now and the park is pretty solid for what it is. It might be a possibility for you for some quick night turns or something. It may be small but i had a good time there.