Seven Springs Opening Day Dec. 4th!!

midster3

Just like the title says. Springs has been blowing like crazy since the rain passed through and will be open 9-4pm Saturday and Sunday. 6-8 trails and an early season park in the Foggy Goggle Bowl. Lift tickets are $32. Rome Pre-Jib is Saturday as well.. get stoked!!

Also, how does Springs still not have it's own section on this site??

Which brings me to my next question.

Anyone that has been to the springs how does it compare to eastern pa resorts?

It has just about double the skiable acreage than most eastern hills and more glades which are naturally blanketed with snow... Bastards. Only thing that's similar in comparison is vert.

Seven Springs is legit. They don't have vert, that's a given, but they have the infrastructure. High speed lifts, apres ski options, hotel, etc. Seven Springs is owned by the Pittsburgh Pirates owner and they throw money into the place. I stopped by on two separate occasions back in 2008 while I had business in Pittsburgh. The Foggy Goggle bar is pretty cool, and it's not uncommon to find people in that bar that don't even ski. They just show up because it is that cool of scene. Seven Springs is the anti-Blue mountain. Back in the 1990s they were one of the few mountains that had seeded bump runs and mogul competitions. I don't know if they still do. If you live in western PA, Seven Springs rocks.

Ill be there for opening, like johnny style said, seven springs is bomb. Everyone is so chill and they have the most committed park staff i have ever seen, they strive for that number 1 park ranking in the east that they just got from transworld. The mountain rides alot bigger i feel than most eastern pa resorts and the price of an unlimed college pass for 299 is legit. did i mention they got 220+ inches of snow last year? it was a bit ridiculous for a PA mountain.

they still do have mogul competitions, btw

springs is a really good for an all around experience, we get more snow than the easter PA resorts by a good bit. we have gotten about 30 inches in the past 3 days and much more is on the way.

we have some fun glades runs for those days when there is fresh and for when we do not get snow, we have one of the biggest snowmaking infrastructures in the country.

our parks offer just about everything you could want for any ability level and our park crew takes better care of our features than anywhere i have ridden in the country.

the nightlife is pretty top notch. expect a good time

i know its a long drive from the eastern parts of the state so i dont blame any of you for not coming out on a regular basis but its def worth coming out here on occasion. or once a season.

Jeremy

• Like 2

yeah lake effect bands come through here a lot until the lakes freeze over. it looks like we could be getting another 10-20+ inches over the next week so our natural base areas should be good for some time to come. it gets REALLY cold next week so snowmaking for our larger parks should be in full effect starting by monday

ill update here when our big park will be opening but for now i would say sometime in early Jan.

we are building our two small parks today, starting on one of our med parks this coming weekend. then from there we will build the other med park and our big park. If the weather stays like it says now, its possible that we could have all of our parks finished by new years weekend. but that is a long shot and it would be a first.

ill update here when our big park will be opening but for now i would say sometime in early Jan.

we are building our two small parks today, starting on one of our med parks this coming weekend. then from there we will build the other med park and our big park. If the weather stays like it says now, its possible that we could have all of our parks finished by new years weekend. but that is a long shot and it would be a first.

+1 for your great posts.

no alley or north for this weekend? the tow rope park you can only ride for so long and the beginner park is hardly a park.. hopefully a few decent sized rails in the tow rope then. but hey it looks like you have a ton of snow and im sure you guys have a plan. thanks for the updates

we have a plan and we like to stick with it. we have a progression plan with all of our parks to meet the demand of our customers. We get a lot of beginner park riders and first timers so we have to cater to everyones needs.

the alley is being worked on starting today and we should have it open sometime next week.

north park and the spot will be after, depending on how the weather works out.

the foggy bowl was changed up slightly and will remain open until at least next weekend and there are some fun rails in there for more advanced riders to have fun with. and also a 15' table

oh yeah, and santas beard park is definitely different than it has been the past two seasons. it should be fun for any ability level.

• Like 1