New Trails

Switchsideskier.

Just to clear up any confusion.

Pioneer pass is the old access road located above Easy Out that you can access from the skiers right of the Vista Lift exit.

http://www.skibluemt.com/SkiBlue/info/mountain/interactivemap.aspx

What's the point of Pioneer pass? Easy Out wasn't flat enough?

Anyone remember when midway branched off to Burma before they closed off the bypass? Mad collisions.

Yes! Those were the days, back in the 90's.

Ski Patrol was having mad fun back then

I remember having rails at the lower end of tuts lane, upper and lower switchback accessible via main street, a very narrow main street, old burma, the old valley lodge with trailer bathrooms and the 30 min Challenge Chair Ride oh and the T bar lift.

Edited by Switchsideskier.

Man, people steezin out the gaper tuck on midway to decide to take Burma and plow over a 6 yr old on a leash with daddy.. Bad news.

Almost as bad as the 4 way Intersection at sidewinder, lazy and lower sidewinder meet up called gapers mishap. I was wrecked hard two years ago coming off sidewinder making a right to shoot down falls and I get plowed from behind and thrown a good 13 feet.

Ya people are nuts anymore. I think eventually they will tree off that intersection and make it so you gotta take lazy all the way down, or if you are on sidewinder take lower sidewinder down. Although you won't be able to access the Main Street chair via Sidewinder it would probably work out for the best.

Ya people are nuts anymore. I think eventually they will tree off that intersection and make it so you gotta take lazy all the way down, or if you are on sidewinder take lower sidewinder down. Although you won't be able to access the Main Street chair via Sidewinder it would probably work out for the best.

Or how about some fencing that you have to weave through at slow sleeps in order to prevent collisions. After the sharp right-hander on lazy, i'd like to see a "lanes split" sign. An express lane for those of us going over to Falls/lower sidewinder, and those making the left hand turn. I hate the jackasses who go wide right and then cut down into Lazy.

While it's not like I spend any time over there other than getting to/from the Summit Lodge for food occasionally, it's probably not a bad move. If it'll draw some of the beginners off Easy Out, it'd help traffic over in the area, there's too many of them for the width of the trail normally.

• Like 1

The ride up the challenge chair was like 10-11 minutes..

During the week, weekends was long :P lol. I remember the 94 season. That was my first season and the comet was a beauty

the good ole days of Blue...

I miss Dennis Krell SR, not Jr., and Dales Concessions (Deep Fried Oreos) and when the Main Street Chair was black, and when they scanned your ticket, and Lawn the asian lady in the top lodge.

Edited by Switchsideskier.

What's amazing is they can turn 10 trails into 30 some using Killington math

You might be on to something there. They should make a connector between Dreamweaver/Razors/Challenge. + 1 for Connector Dos and +2 for Upper and Lower Razors/Challenge. :lol: