12/17 Report

owenskier

Got back about two hours ago from Blue, but was tried from my first day out on the slopes. Well here goes my first report ever.

Me and my buddy left Bethlehem around 730 and pulled into the parking lot around 815 suited up and bought our new lift/card/ticket thing for 32 for the morning so not too bad, which we were unsure about at the moment, but turned out to work really well. Skied right down and went through the terrain run, open for the first day, which was nice. The setup went like this- flat box, flat rail- jump- flat down box, flat down rail- jump - rainbow box, small battleship box. Took numerous turns on challenge, lazy mile, main street, widow maker, and basically hit up all the trails. Conditions were nice in the beginning with packed powder, but by the end a few trails were getting swept off and were a little icy. Overall was a nice sunny day- flurried almost the whole time we were there. Probably took somewhere between 20-25 runs, lost count after 10... No lift lines either, but im sure this weekend and tonight the place will start filling up...

OC

He doesn't ski with Jeff because he doesn't want to make Jeff self conscious of his skillz... Sounds like quite the park rat lol

eh, i enjoy the park to a certain degree, but thats not where i spend most my time, just figured some people would want to know the layout- mostly enjoy steep terrain and moguls, blues moguls were very icy today. and jeff is jeff, haha

pretty legit day. best setup ive ever seen in lower park. jumps were surprisingly nice, although you had to bomb the shit out of them and most times couldn't even hit the second. still fun to dick around on though, lips were mellow and landings were decent. come around was a little icy but what do you expect. they're blowing a lot of snow in central park, wonder what they're gonna set up there. sidewinder was bare, and I think they opened paradise in the middle of the day...I know more will be open tomorrow.

ill be there again tomorrow probably around 10ish

I can't believe I forgot this...

so me and xnick are flying down mainstreet and we get whistled off to the left by ski patrol. I thought either someone was hurt or they were coming to yell at us, but they were actually doing some retarded photoshoot. I stood there for a second, and this chick basically gets naked right at the bottom of mainstreet for some modeling shit I guess. probably top 5 weirdest things ive seen at blue. took a picture with my phone but I was too far away to get any details, if you zoom it you can sort of get a glimpse of whats going on.

phototwp.jpg

I can't believe I forgot this...

so me and xnick are flying down mainstreet and we get whistled off to the left by ski patrol. I thought either someone was hurt or they were coming to yell at us, but they were actually doing some retarded photoshoot. I stood there for a second, and this chick basically gets naked right at the bottom of mainstreet for some modeling shit I guess. probably top 5 weirdest things ive seen at blue. took a picture with my phone but I was too far away to get any details, if you zoom it you can sort of get a glimpse of whats going on.

phototwp.jpg

yeah, i saw this.... so random- were up at the top of easy out, also. Shouldve sprayed them with some snow

It was the fun zone today. Paradise opened at 2, we we're coming up the 6pk and saw the peeps lining up as they were getting ready to open it up. We schussed off the lift and took 1st run down with the crowd and I noticed that they didn't rope off or lollipop Dreamweaver. Next 4 runs we're down 'weaver over the whales in the fresh snow. On the last weaver run, a redcoat was standing there off to the side gapin'. We blew past him and he got all Barney Fife with the waving arms and fumbling for his whistle. Otherwise, the snow was decent, we lapped Challenge, Main and Lazy. I spent a little time testing the lower back taking a few jumps in the park and by the end of the day was getting some good air off the Falls. Prolly heading up for another session next week before xmas. Tried the "glades" on Lazy......is it me or is there only about 20 feet worth to ski? lulz. Still a good 1st effort by Blew to try and expand their horizons beyond groomerland.

It was the fun zone today. Paradise opened at 2, we we're coming up the 6pk and saw the peeps lining up as they were getting ready to open it up. We schussed off the lift and took 1st run down with the crowd and I noticed that they didn't rope off or lollipop Dreamweaver. Next 4 runs we're down 'weaver over the whales in the fresh snow. On the last weaver run, a redcoat was standing there off to the side gapin'. We blew past him and he got all Barney Fife with the waving arms and fumbling for his whistle. Otherwise, the snow was decent, we lapped Challenge, Main and Lazy. I spent a little time testing the lower back taking a few jumps in the park and by the end of the day was getting some good air off the Falls. Prolly heading up for another session next week before xmas. Tried the "glades" on Lazy......is it me or is there only about 20 feet worth to ski? lulz. Still a good 1st effort by Blew to try and expand their horizons beyond groomerland.

I didn't even realize there was any snow at all on the Lazy glades...there is a pretty nice area in there, but they haven't blown in there yet.

I didn't even realize there was any snow at all on the Lazy glades...there is a pretty nice area in there, but they haven't blown in there yet.

There was snow, prettyskied out, coupla small branches peeking thru, I cruised thru them twice, wasn't worth the price of admission so far. More snow and more glade and they got something going.

There was snow, prettyskied out, coupla small branches peeking thru, I cruised thru them twice, wasn't worth the price of admission so far. More snow and more glade and they got something going.

it will be worth it with fresh. thats a fun little area. pumped to get up with everybody tomorrow again! and BMDI!