is winter back

zaldon

This weather is rediculous, I was freezing today at my track meet. Trust me, those uniforms are definatley designed for the warmest possible weather. :o

Edited by Schifdawg

This weather is rediculous, I was freezing today at my track meet. Trust me, those uniforms are definatley designed for the warmest possible weather.  :o

26384[/snapback]

You got that right they definettly weren't made for cold weather :no

• 1 month later...

Too bad for Steeze. I turned on the Mt Hood webcam yesterday, and it looked rainy. But, the 'dude said it was just occasional drizzle. They also had some snow the other night. They are having great ski weather in OR, and it looks like it will continue. :)

Edited by skimom

mt . hood summer ski camp

- I went there last yr. but this year im going with a bunch of people from  CAT

28277[/snapback]

Thats cool - As you know Ridge is with Skidude. Ridge will be joining CAT next year.

How was the decision made beweenst the CAT members to go to that camp??

Is Gus going with you? How many Cat members are going?

Well, last year it was worth it, but the conditions this year are another thing. Siblet comes home today. The camp was shortened a day or two this year because of the need for Palmer to fit in more camps sooner. Then they lost an entire day due to pouring rain and she said the snow was so soft most of the time that she really couldn't tell the difference between demo skis she was trying. (Although she hated the Elans -- too heavy.) She says she feels stronger, but from a ski perspective, it's unclear if she resolved any of her issues.

Come December, she is off for 3.5 weeks and we hope to get her on the hill everyday training with the FIS kids again. That should help a lot. She may also get in a race during that time, depending on race schedules. I have WAY more hope for that training as it's intense right in time for the start of the season.

Oh, and the various camps come in around $1000 or so, mostly upwards from that. Many of them are listed at Academies and Summer Camps (bottom of page). By the way, the Red Lodge camp listed is not happening as far as I know, as the Beartooth Highway is out. They reopened Red Lodge Resort, but that was only for one week.

Edited by sibhusky

how much do these camps cost? is it worth it to go to hood or whistler or just go to new zellin? im kinda dieing here. i wonnnnnnna go boarding

28318[/snapback]

If you are just looking to get some time in on the snow, then I would put together a trip by shopping fares and room rates. Both my boys went for summer camp training experience. I know that the Camps in whistler are a once in a life time type of excursions for alot of the campers. Alot of them save multiple years just to go for a 8 day session.

On the other hand the race camp that Ridge is at for 10 days includes everything but airfare. figure $300 per day???

Believe me I feel your pain!!

Then they lost an entire day due to pouring rain and she said the snow was so soft most of the time that she really couldn't tell the difference between demo skis she was trying.  (Although she hated the Elans -- too heavy.) 

28322[/snapback]

Ironically, Ridge said he lost a day training GS due to demo'ing a set of 150? Elans - he said he hated them..... Fell on every run.... all day long.. Isn't that interesting!!

I wonder if the ski was just not right for the summer slush.. hmph... interesting..

Ironically, Ridge said he lost a day training GS due to demo'ing a set of 150? Elans - he said he hated them.....  Fell on every run.... all day long..  Isn't that interesting!! 

I wonder if the ski was just not right for the summer slush.. hmph...  interesting..

28325[/snapback]

Sibby and Papa: I wonder if ELAN changed their model. The 'dude said he demoed their GS ski, and it was nothing special. But, he still swears by his old ELAN SLs.

SDkierboi and VT: The 'dude and I both went to MHSSC previously, as did iceman (aka skidad). It's an easy program because they provide transport, meals, tickets etc. Their mass production mode wore thin, and Gus recommended a different camp to Adam this summer. That's how he and Ridge found the smaller program. They both seem happier in the more personal environment. I'm thinking maybe the CAT team found Annett's MHSSC program on their own since it has a high profile???

I will be going for a Master's program for a few days. MHSSC is fine for a kid and a first timer, but I would not particularly recommend MHSSC for an adult, unless they had friends going at the same time.

Siblet was working on demo'ing slalom models as she's not quite happy with the Volkls she has. She'd heard the new Volkls were better. She tried Rossis, Elans, Volkls, Salomons and wanted to try the Fischers but that was the day of the rain and she couldn't get back to them before she left. I THINK she liked the Volkls and Rossis the best, but I'll have to check that with her when I see her later today. (It takes them two days to get back because they spend the last day training and leave after that.)

Edited by sibhusky