College Deal Guidelines

College Deal Guidelines

[*]This is a deal that is intended for CURRENT college students.

[*]We understand that a college ID does not have an expiration but it does have an issue date so if the ID is issued before 2006 it will NOT be accepted unless you can prove that you are currently enrolled with documentation that you must bring.

[*]The college ID must be a photo ID and if it is not a photo ID then you must also present your driver's license to match photo with ID.

[*]There will be NO exceptions.

you guys need to figure out your college policies.

first off not many college ID's have issue dates. even if they do, it doesn't mean anything. you can still be in college for more than four years. what I do know is that just about every college ID has a semester valid sticker on it...if anything you should go by those, not issue dates.

secondly stop with the registrar crap for season passes. I don't understand why you guys need a letter with a raised seal. they only put those on official transcripts and many registrars are skeptical about releasing a stamped document to a student. I couldn't get one in 07, 08, and recently this year and you guys shut me down...all years of which I've been a college student. I even offered to print out my class schedule and that wasn't good enough. three years you lost my business.....

They should get rid of college passes and just give all 18-22 year olds a discounted rate. If your 35 and taking graduate classes that the employer of your 6 figure job is paying for you don't need a discounted pass.

right, but theres a ton of people that go straight to get their masters and dont have a job yet...

Most people working on their masters have some type of employment. If they dont and are living off student loans, what's a couple more dollars in debt...

well, for me, the only reasons that I go to certain areas are because of their discounts- so if I wouldnt be able to get them than they wont be getting any money out of me, and I'll go somewhere else instead

They should get rid of college passes and just give all 18-22 year olds a discounted rate. If your 35 and taking graduate classes that the employer of your 6 figure job is paying for you don't need a discounted pass.

what about the people that are 22-30 that are undergrads (or even grads on THEIR OWN DIME)? chances are they're probably under more financial stress than most 18-22 kids that are at college on their parent's money (and their parents are probably buying their pass too).

believe it or not, not everybody goes to college when they're 18-22. they should have no age restriction on college passes. if you're a current, full time student in college you should be able to get the pass, no questions asked. its total bullshit to discriminate and say that oh well you're too old to be in college because you can never be too old to be in college.

what about the people that are 22-30 that are undergrads (or even grads on THEIR OWN DIME)? chances are they're probably under more financial stress than most 18-22 kids that are at college on their parent's money (and their parents are probably buying their pass too).

believe it or not, not everybody goes to college when they're 18-22. they should have no age restriction on college passes. if you're a current, full time student in college you should be able to get the pass, no questions asked. its total bullshit to discriminate and say that oh well you're too old to be in college because you can never be too old to be in college.

couldnt agree with you more B)

If it's about income then maybe college status and age should not be part of the equation. Maybe you should bring in your tax return and only get a discount if you are an independent making less than 25K a year.

I'm 23 and still in school. I switched majors and schools and that set me back. I agree the registrar thing is CRAP. My school would not give me one with a raised seal. I do not see why a transcript or a schedule would not work. Somehow i got a college pass to blue even though i'm 23, but i would much rather be spending my money at jfbb, but i just did not have the money without the college pass. I go to where i can afford. I will be in grad school next year, on my own dime, working part time, and will be 24. If anything, I and people in the same situation deserve a discount more than the mommy and daddy's little girls and boys that are 18 and blowing all their parents money on coke, weed, alcohol, and abortions.

I'm 23 and still in school. I switched majors and schools and that set me back. I agree the registrar thing is CRAP. My school would not give me one with a raised seal. I do not see why a transcript or a schedule would not work. Somehow i got a college pass to blue even though i'm 23, but i would much rather be spending my money at jfbb, but i just did not have the money without the college pass. I go to where i can afford. I will be in grad school next year, on my own dime, working part time, and will be 24. If anything, I and people in the same situation deserve a discount more than the mommy and daddy's little girls and boys that are 18 and blowing all their parents money on coke, weed, alcohol, and abortions.

Maybe it's crap that the school your giving thousands of dollars to wont give you a silly piece a paper with a raised seal.

Edited by poconoceancity

Why should poor people get a discount. Discounts should be for everybody. I sell tombstones for a living and I have had people ask if we give a senior citizen discount....banghead. I feel like a kid, student adult or senior fills a chair just the same they should pay the same price. Same for movie theaters. Amusement parks I can see having a lower price for kids cause they can't ride all the rides and for buffets cause they eat less.

i think the main reason they do it is so they draw the college kids into their resort- i mean to me it was a draw to drive an hour and a half to elk for the 20 dollar ticket otherwise i would not have gone if i would have paid the same price. And say they draw only 100 college kids, that's $2,000 they would not have gotten.

i mean what does it matter to you if grad students or older undergards get discounts on lift tickets?? :confused

I was both and maybe will be again at some point in my life or paying for my girls when they are students. I think it is easier just to give an age related discount. Normally the older you get the more money you have and the more you can afford.

I was both and maybe will be again at some point in my life or paying for my girls when they are students. I think it is easier just to give an age related discount. Normally the older you get the more money you have and the more you can afford.

Im a first year grad student, and so far have just skied 3 days this year- each with some sort of discount, overall with the discount for 3 days i paid 77 dollars, if there were no discounts it would have cost roughly 150. So its just nice to have the discount cause otherwise i would be down a lot more money that couldve gone towards rent/food/credits for college, cause as a musician in grad school there are not many internships or jobs.....

Maybe it's crap that the school your giving thousands of dollars to wont give you a silly piece a paper with a raised seal.

Out of curiosity, why do you seem so adamantly opposed to dropping the age limit for a full time student discount? Four year students get hooked up all four years but someone who's in a five year engineering program or something gets screwed? Doesn't seem very fair to me.

I sell tombstones for a living and I have had people ask if we give a senior citizen discount....banghead.

You should tell old people that you will give them a discount because they dont have much time left to save up for a nice one.....

Out of curiosity, why do you seem so adamantly opposed to dropping the age limit for a full time student discount? Four year students get hooked up all four years but someone who's in a five year engineering program or something gets screwed? Doesn't seem very fair to me.

I don't care what the age limit is. It was just a recommendation. How does 18-25 sound? If you can't scrape up the money to ski/ride after the age of 26 you should be worrying about other things anyway.