Nice Video and Article about our resort

sibhusky

http://espn.go.com/a...ng-whitefish?as

And I love this part:

"After lunch, I skied with Donnie Clapp, the resort's PR director. On one chair ride Clapp's resort radio crackled and a voice came over the airwaves, "Total resort visitors today: 983." Clapp gave a little, "Nice" as he heard the news. Really? Under a thousand people and the PR guy is stoked. I was shocked."

Edited by sibhusky

Not real estate. They are just penny pinchers. We no longer have the NorAms here because they lost money (supposedly) on the event. Next year they are cutting loose the race team, in spite of the fact that last year they made a profit. The new management philosophy is if the department doesn't make money, it doesn't have a future. The plan is to make money on operations and not rely on real estate, because in the long run, you don't have any more real estate to sell. So, they don't do "glossy". I.E., there are some SLOW chairs, they don't blow much artificial snow, they don't groom the entire place to death. Although it is family-oriented, it is really SKIER ("core") oriented. We have to be. The fog will deter the people who only ski 6 or 7 days a year.

YESTERDAY was great. Got my first run in Good Med since April 09 (which I only got to at the end of the season due to recovering from knee surgery). Before that was the 07-08 season. Good stuff. Today, not so good. We got another 6 inches of heavy stuff and even the groomers were really really tough to get through, because it came AFTER they groomed. I left after 3 runs, figuring I have a whole season ahead of me, why tear an ACL this early?

Yesterday in Good Med:

post-68-0-54494800-1294430672_thumb.jpg

If you're "core", here's your event...race up, then race down, and up and down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpf2PpKGzMI&feature=player_embedded

More info

looks sick what area is that at about 38 seconds in ?

If I'm catching the right place, Picture Chutes. Siblet once took me there. I about killed her. I think I cried (well, almost) the whole way. She thinks it's fun. I am too afraid of dying. Sling Shot or Gray's (either side) are fine, but keep me away from cliffs, please.