1/14/11

Johnny Style

Hi all, I'm back from a decent morning session at Blue. I got off the Northeast Extension to be greeted by bumper to bumper traffic on 22. I kicked myself for not taking the alternate directions that the fine folks on this forum provided to me before. Therefore, I resigned myself to traffic. Suddenly, a BMW with Jersey plates and two snowboards on the rack too off for 309 N. I made a quick decision to follow this guy and hope he knew what he was doing. After trying to catch up with him, he took me all the way to the bottom lot of Blue. Thanks.

It was Buckman's Demo Day and there were at least six manufacturers' reps present. I didn't see anything for me to demo but I spoke to a few people on the lifts that were enjoying their demos.

The cookies on Main Street were so bad that I never even thought about going back to that side of the mountain. Some of the words I overhead on the lift today were as follows: ice cubes, golf balls, dipping dots. I don't know how Blue managed to mess up the grooming this morning but they did.

I caught up with Nastar Glen today and we skied Razors. He left to go to work and I finished up the morning doing laps on Razors until the crowds started to fill in.

This weekend looks like lots of skiing and football for me. I just don't understand how Blue managed to mess up the grooming so badly. Has it even been above freezing up there in a week?

i have been skiing frost pretty much all week and i havent seen anything above 24 degrees here. as GSS would say, "its ubber cold". i would image blue temps to be slightly higher, but not that much higher.

Here is the answer to death cookies on Main Street:

I also don't think they groom very well, alot of stuff last night had berms forming and that's just plain newb stuff. A good groomer is like artist who understands how their mountain gets skied and grooms accordingly. Any idiot can run up and down the slope with the carpet down.

I will give the dudes at Bear that, they have unique techniques due to the low snow depth and they can make quality cord like mofo's.

I also don't think they groom very well, alot of stuff last night had berms forming and that's just plain newb stuff. A good groomer is like artist who understands how their mountain gets skied and grooms accordingly. Any idiot can run up and down the slope with the carpet down.

I will give the dudes at Bear that, they have unique techniques due to the low snow depth and they can make quality cord like mofo's.

The groomers are zinkies (in Toast's words) or Palmeranians (in GSS's words). It explains a lot.

It wasnt bad yesterday, took connector to mainstreet first run (around 10am) to get to the lower park and six lift. almost got destroyed by the death cookies as i came in super fast after hoping at the top of connector and taking it pretty far down. lapped the park pretty much all day but did dreamweaver and some others on that side of the mtn too. it wasnt bad but it was pretty much like a game of dodge the gapers. didnt see ski patrol all day which was weird. park was legit jumps were nice and the rails werent bad. the handrail in sidewinder, rainbow in come around, and the down rail and aframe next to the air bag are probably the best out there. over all fun day ill be back next friday hopefully around 9 as i also got caught in the traffic on 22.