Route 946 bridge closed the rest of the ski season!

AtomicSkier

Grouse still seems quicker to me, by 2-4 minutes.

Grouse is .2 miles longer. There are two stop signs both ways. I find myself more likely to get caught behind slow traffic on Grouse and at the stop signs where 946/987 meet. Although, going Grouse, you had 2 extra passing zones, plus a running start for the passing zone west of Hokendaqua. We did race one time, and I had you by about a mile (I was pulling out onto 946, you were still at Moore Elementary, but you had some traffic). It's a near wash I feel. Hokendaqua is much smoother and fun than Grouse.

Grouse is .2 miles longer. There are two stop signs both ways. I find myself more likely to get caught behind slow traffic on Grouse and at the stop signs where 946/987 meet. Although, going Grouse, you had 2 extra passing zones, plus a running start for the passing zone west of Hokendaqua. We did race one time, and I had you by about a mile (I was pulling out onto 946, you were still at Moore Elementary, but you had some traffic). It's a near wash I feel. Hokendaqua is much smoother and fun than Grouse.

Hokendaqua has the stop sign at Valley View, and once you get past the 946/987 intersection, you can really put the hammer down on 946. On weekdays, avoiding the school zone on 946 would have me taking Hokendaqua.

Edited by RootDKJ
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...