1/4 - Gold snow blowing in the wind

indiggio

Spectacular night of skiing tonight at Blue. Snow guns a blaze on Razor's, a few on Challenge, lower park and a few other junctions, all dropping curtains of gold snow from the backdrop of the lights.

The snow itself on all the open runs was gold as well. Lots of freshies to be had on the edges, with some hard pack in the middle from a day of scraping.

The run of the night was definitely Main Street, with soft stuff from top to bottom along the right side and nary another soul to be seen. However mid way down, there was a full section of marbles, which made stopping or edging nearly impossible. For the long run, the six pack to Tut's, Lazy to Falls was also fun and mostly empty, so it could be pretty much wide open. There were also some fun drops on the sides.

The place was pretty empty to my surprise. I thought there'd be more high schoolers, but it was non-stop from the top onto the lift. Was a bit apprehensive about going up due to the wind and cold early on, which made booting feel like the arctic. Clouds covered up the moon and stars, so by the time we got back to the car, the temps rose and it was rather comfortable. Spectacular snow and empty runs and lifts made it well worth the trip.

Looks like Razor's will be open for Sat. as they have lots of deep wells on it. Challenge, from the looks of things now, not, unless they hit it hard the next two days. It also looked like they had enough snow and made a first pass over Nightmare, so it may be open Sat., if not earlier. Lower park will also be open, as it's got some deep wells too. Burma (if anyone cares) is bone dry, as it Sidewinder, both Upper and Lower. We may even see Chute open come Sat. or earlier, as it's also got nice wells on it.

They were blowing on the bottom of Burma when I was leaving, the main st cookies were amazing...... like ball bearings you could throw the skis completely side ways and drift down the run.

Lotta rutting and trenches, still a very nice night.

This weekend in the am should be really nice.

Dreamweaver looked good to go, but I am blind so......

Looked to me like they made a first pass over it, just needed another death cookie cutter runthrough...

They were blowing on the bottom of Burma when I was leaving, the main st cookies were amazing...... like ball bearings you could throw the skis completely side ways and drift down the run.

Lotta rutting and trenches, still a very nice night.

This weekend in the am should be really nice.

Fully agree, they were unbelievable. Attempting to stop on them was madness, you just rolled over them sideways.

Had to keep to the side of pretty much all runs to get to some nice, soft manmade Pocono powder.