Jack Frost Mountain - 3-10-2012

Just back from what may have possibly been the last day but easily the best day of the season at Jack Frost (last day for the PASR JF crew anyway). It wasn't the best because of conditions (although not bad - snowcone, easily edgible - no ice, semi-fast) but because we just all seemed to all be skiing really freaking good today, the sun was shining and laughs were had which all adds up to a great ski day.

Anyway, got there around 8:30 - parked next to Phillycore and JFSkiDan. Dan went his merry way since he had a ticket while PC went to ski school and the ski shop. Met with Dan and blasted T bolt to East. Skied River shot to Floyds then River shot and the Elevator, rinse and repeat. The Elevator was decent. Easy to edge, not too icy. Headed over to Happyland and skied the outer edge of the trees closer to the trail - still very skiable there but the inner part of the glade is shot. We then skied a Lightning to Solitude to Floyd's run without turning. Wish we had a radar gun to clock our speeds.

Flying Phillycore was skiing like it was his last day ever. Slaying the Elevator...

2012-03-10_11-54-43_31.jpg

and posing for baller aerial shots...

photo2.jpg

JFSkiDan the man was also on fire slaying the elevator on his recoils (one of my favorite JFDan pics)...

2012-03-10_11-55-08_99.jpg

I then tried to replicate Phillycores baller aerial. PC wins on style points...

photo.jpg

Since it was likely our last day of the season at JF - a PASR JF Crew photo was in order.

2012-03-10_11-19-19_489.jpg

Great freaking day today. Word is that it may be the last weekend for Frost although I don't think anything is official yet. I hope I'm wrong. Still plenty of snow on Floyd's, R Shot, exhibition, Dematte's etc but certain some thin sports here and there. Definitely enough to push around.

Today was fun... First time since Utah that the three of us really got to ski more than an hour or so together all at once.

They announced tomorrow as the last day at Jack Frost... Really Weak IMO, but I guess they hit the point where the cost is greater than the return.

I forgot my damn helmet and goggles, so I had to go buy a hat so that kinda sucked... 35% off though so at least it wasn't full retail....lol

Sorry to see it end already..... looking like next Saturday I'll be headed to Camelback for the am, then off to Boulder to get my drink on.....

Today was fun... First time since Utah that the three of us really got to ski more than an hour or so together all at once.

They announced tomorrow as the last day at Jack Frost... Really Weak IMO, but I guess they hit the point where the cost is greater than the return.

I forgot my damn helmet and goggles, so I had to go buy a hat so that kinda sucked... 35% off though so at least it wasn't full retail....lol

Sorry to see it end already..... looking like next Saturday I'll be headed to Camelback for the am, then off to Boulder to get my drink on.....

A March 12th closing is weak. I'm not sure why they dont just re-open JF on weekends instead of closing for the season. They could re-open JF weekends in March during the day and have BB open at 3pm. Sat and Sunday nights. But what do I know.

U take pictures with an iPhone?

Dan used his iphone. The shots of me and PC are from Dans iphone. The others I took with my Bionic.

Im fairly certain frost stayed open until April just a few years ago (2007 I think). I remember when BB wouldn't open until late in December each year after frost opened.

There hasn't been one snow day in the schools up here. I can't remember a school year where that ever happened. Awful.

Just back from a beautiful spring session. Skied East the entire time with a run through the outer edge of Happy Land. The Elevator was in all of it's spring corn snow glory. Best it skied (at least for me) all year. Lots of People dropping in today. There is no way Frost would be able to make it through this week though as the snow was deteriorating fast. Makes total sense why Blue and CB were blowing the past few nights. Anyway JADIP at Jackson Frost. See you next season.

Was out for a couple of hours Sunday afternoon with family on Challenge and Tbolt. Great weather and surprisingly fast if you avoided the soft areas. Skied until the red ropes went up. A good year considering the weather. Missed the bumps on Exhibition - they added a lot of variety last year and improved my skills quite a bit. Time to pick up next years season tickets and break out the kayaks.