can classic

zzslope

It is indeed a tournament. Just called em and the said there might be some free play time afterward if the tournament doesn't run too long. Signup and practice starts at noon til 2. Tournament starts at 2 and runs as long as it takes. Any leftover time after the tourny is gonna then go to free time if anyone else wants to play, but the event ends at 5. Guess I should have asked how many pits theyre gonna be playing on to get a better guess on how long it'll take.

I'd be up for making a team though and getting in on the tourny action if that's what its gonna take to play some shoes. Now I'm wondering if they're gonna try and charge people for it.

I just called bear creek (5pm - 7/6/12), there is no entrance fee for the tourney or the can thing, it's pay as you go. They have room for 30+ players, 1st come 1st served. If it's not raining, I will be there around noon. Long hair, long beard, riding a motorcycle.

Sounds like a plan man, I'm gonna try and get there around noon as well weather permitting. I'm in a big white toyota t100 plastered with boat, ski, and beer stickers.

That's assuming I can get my cv axle changed this afternoon. Hottest day of the year......why not work on the truck haha.

Had a blast yesterday at the can classic. It was nice meeting ya Allen. Didn't stick around to see how ya did at the horseshoes but I assume ya made it further than I, we got knocked out in the second round. I did make off with one of those sieze the summer Pabst cardboard signs though, so that was kinda like a consolation prize haha.

They sure had some tasty beers at pretty reasonable prices. Kinda wish I had gotten into some of the food too, it looked pretty damn good.

Had a blast yesterday at the can classic. It was nice meeting ya Allen. Didn't stick around to see how ya did at the horseshoes but I assume ya made it further than I, we got knocked out in the second round. I did make off with one of those sieze the summer Pabst cardboard signs though, so that was kinda like a consolation prize haha.

They sure had some tasty beers at pretty reasonable prices. Kinda wish I had gotten into some of the food too, it looked pretty damn good.

Very good time. Good to meet you paskiingsucks. I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but had fun doing it. Loved it when I hit the one pin with a pitch and the pin went flying, I got a small sledge to put it back in and the ground was hard as concrete. I would like to help with the tourney next year, a couple of small improvements would make it more fun. I think it could have been a singles tourney, there weren't that many entrants. It would move along quickly with a couple of alternate rules, like play to 15 and count all scoring (all shoes in scoring range count with no cancelling). Thanks to mgguy for doing a great job. (MGguy look up horseshoepitching.com, click on how to for pit layout.)

Thanks zzslope, enjoyed meeting you and paskiingsucks! I passed on the comments not only from you but also some other tourney participants, hopefully we can improve it next year! It is tough to pound stakes into baked hard ground that is full of stones though. I think you are on the money- a singles event to 15 would have been fun.

does it bother anyone else that a PA business put on a horseshoe tourny?

Shadows, I don't understand your point, why would/should that bother us.

Thanks zzslope, enjoyed meeting you and paskiingsucks! I passed on the comments not only from you but also some other tourney participants, hopefully we can improve it next year! It is tough to pound stakes into baked hard ground that is full of stones though. I think you are on the money- a singles event to 15 would have been fun.

The ground was rock hard. I have a diagram showing how to construct temporary-above ground pits, they use them indoors, involves a little welding. Nice to see a post from you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too would like to see it as a singles event, or the option at least.

I will definitely come to this event next year and drag several friends along as well, everyone I told about it was sorry they didn't attend.

Also thanks for being cool, I may or may not have one of those sieze the summer PBR signs framed and now adorning my cottage wall.

• 1 month later...