Frost 12-27

JFskiDan

Frost was nice today. Challenge is the best run open, trees are getting filled in some but still need some more snow. One park glade needs alot more help.

(insert picture of trees on Challenge here)

Skiers right on challange has been left ungroomed, and some nice bumps are setting up.

(insert picture of bumps on Challange here)

Since Fluffy is busy in the Sno Mountain thread, and JFBB updates their facebook page about once a week, i will handle the mountain updates. it looks like thunderbolt will be open tomorrow. about 11 am today they were pushing out the whales. hopefully they can get it open. by about noon Challange became a slalom course.

(insert picture of groomer on Thunderbolt here)

I am having issues posting pics. i think its my super slow internet. will try later.

• Like 1

Just back from BB. Met JFDan who was pulling 2 mountain JF and BB day. Dan was pulling his best Clark Griswald on the sled impersonation on his new Blizzard Bonifides. They're fast. We skied BB park, Bunny Elbow and Love a number of times. Snow is top freaking notch right now with the left overs from the storm. Tonight, however, I witnessed something that in all of my years of skiing I've never seen before nor may ever see again. While standing in the lift line, the lights at the base where the BB lift went out, We turned and a skier, wearing a bright hunting jacket, was laying face first giving us the thumbs up to let us know he was ok (injured football player on the stretcher style). He came came flying down the tree gully area right where the lift line starts at the BB lift, tripped on a power line and actually took out the lights - amazing. Anyway - fun night tonight.

Edited by Ridge Racer

post-1753-0-44801900-1356663581_thumb.jpg

best i can do for now.. trees on challenge.

BB was fun tonight. Snow was great.

Mountain update- Midway should be open tomorrow. Snowdrift is thin on coverage. no snowmaking thus far on Dragonfire. Not completly positive, but i think Dragonfire is the only trail left to make snow on.

how have the crowds been so far this week?

normal for this week, however there is still quite some work to do at Frost. No east mountain, although i think they have started on it tonight, Exhibition as of today only has the 8" of fresh powder on it that JFBB is claiming they recieved yesterday.