New Runs this season?

Finndog

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't always work too well.. strange, this one is from alta vista - which one do you use?

:confused I do not know where it was the educative system badly. The translators are the best ones to before write to a Spanish report the night, even when you do not know Spanish. :confused

Wow. I wish I paid attention in spanish class. I stopped caring after a while. Wait that would have involved effort, Nevermind. (or i could run that through a translator, but I stopped caring about that too.)

[edit] Wow. I just realized this topic was about Blue, I hope that's what you were talking about.

Edited by pyro_boarder

OK, just recived an e-mail from Blue, they are working on a new trail but it won't be open. I asked if they are getting rid of that painful double by Mainstreet and if they were looking into any new lifts. I know the answer already :D

Edited by Finndog

I actually heard back again from Blue, they are planning to replace the Challenge lift not this season, but the one after (06-07). I asked about the Mainstreet lift but haven't heard as of yet.

Edited by Finndog

I actually heard back again from Blue, they are planning to replace the Challenge lift not this season, but the one after (06-07). I asked about the Mainstreet lift but haven't heard as of yet.

29087[/snapback]

challenge lift is deathly slow. thats what i use to go to the park. i like how its slow tho because it gives me time to strap in and get ready to go off by the time i am up at the top.

I really think that if they replaced the challenge chair with a quad that it would really help all the congestion on a busy day at the base of the mountain.

They should rip out the burma and mainstreet chairs and make it a quad and have two people board the lift on each side.

Well, from a logistics standpoint, I don't see them replacing the Challenge lift. While Blue is not a bunch of girls like Camelback is when it comes to closing lifts, the Challenge lift provides a redudant lift to the quad, which, in power outages, can still provide uphill access. And plus, that side is already crowded as is. Also, replacing the Burma/Main St chairs creates yet another problem. That side is less crowded, and the trails over are always nicer/preserved longer through the day. Putting in a quad there will draw more people, and while distributing the load, will help ruin some of my more favorite late-day trails. In all reality, I'd like the see the Challenge lift replaced with a quad, and replace the mainstreet and burma lift with a six person high speed lift to handle the massive amounts of people those two lifts service at peak times. :D

Blue would have the first 6 person lift in the Poconos and probably even the state.

29118[/snapback]

Shuttling people up the mountain so fast there'd be no lift lines! Although... there wouldn't be enough room on the mountain, so there would be lines for that...

Sucks to admit, but the uphill capacity would probably cause more of a problem with slope congestion than anything else.

While too much uphill capacity is no good, Blue has a serious deficit. On those crowded January and Feb days, there can be no one on the hill and everyone in a 1/2 hour lift line. You need to have a good flow. I guess the Challenge lift would help but they should really reconfigure the bottom access area to when you come down Home Stretch, you can get over to the lift easier. I think it will cause a bottle neck for some folks who can't turn sharp enough and maintain speed to get to the lift. I like the idea of a 6 pack over at Burma and main street. Personally, I think that Burma is the worst green trail ever concieved, hair pin turns and narrow trails are disasterous for beiginners.

Edited by Finndog

• 4 months later...

Sucks to admit, but the uphill capacity would probably cause more of a problem with slope congestion than anything else.

Now there is a potential Mountain statistic to look at that would help sove the dbate about crowds.

Simply divide the acreage in the uphill hourly capacity and divide that by 10 (6 minutes average per down hill run) the higher the "number" the more likely it will be crowded.